𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 -𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘭𝘦

"What the fuck happened to you?!"

Everyone was sitting down for breakfast before the start of their first day of lessons, when Mattheo walked into the hall and sat between Daphne and Theo, opposite Alice. He was accompanied by a very dark, and very soar, black eye.

Everyone at the table stayed silent, apart from Pansy, who too questioned why he looked the way he did. A few people gave slight looks to the rest of the group, but no one seemed to care about Mattheo's face.

"It's nothing, don't worry." Mattheo plated himself some food and ate like normal, ignoring the stares from the two worried girls.

"I'm being serious, that looks painful have you been to see-"

"I don't need to see Madam Pomfrey. If I went to her every time I got hurt, I'd never leave." Pansy seemed to take his interruption as a sign to leave him alone, but Alice wouldn't let it go so easily.

"Mattheo, who the hell did that to you? We've been at school for a day and you've already got-"

"I said it's nothing!" He slammed his fork down on the table, this gathered some stares from people near by. "Can you just leave me the fuck alone, I'm trying to eat!"

Enzo was about to step in and tell him to calm down, when Alice interrupted him.

"I'm just trying to be a good friend! Jeez. I say nothing I'm a bad friend for not caring, I say something, I'm a bad friend for being too nosey." She grabbed her bag from underneath the table and stood from her seat. "I'm going to lesson."

"I'll come with you." Daphne got up from her seat as Alice mumbled a quick thank you.

Theo grabbed her arm and pulled her down a little, too whisper in her ear. "Daph, lessons don't start for another half an hour?"

"Yeah, well, we're slow walkers." She turned and caught up with Alice, who was only a few steps ahead of her.

"You could have told her it was me. I'm really not that fussed."

"No. Thanks, though." Said Mattheo sarcastically.

~~~~~~~~~~

The first lesson of the day was Potions with Snape. Since Alice and Daphne got there so early, they got to save a table for their group of friends. When they all strolled in 10 minutes after the girls got there, they spread them selves around the table.

"Is this seat taken?" Mattheo edged himself closer to Alice, and pointed to the seat next to her.

"Yeah, it is actually!" He swung around to see Daphne standing with two potions books, that she had grabbed from the cupboard for her and Alice.

"Daph it's fine, sit next to Pansy." She gave a pleading smile to Daph. She felt bad for storming off at breakfast.

"Hmm. Fine. Hey Pans!" She turned and walked past, and around Alice, sitting next to Pansy, facing Blaise and Enzo.

"Thanks." Mattheo sat down in his chair, placed his bag underneath it, and turned towards Alice. "You're not a bad friend, by the way. You're actually a pretty decent one."

"I know," She turned her head towards him, "I am decent. And also very pretty."

He laughed and placed his hand on top of hers. "Yes, of course you are, Ali."