𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦 -𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘤𝘦𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘤

It was the morning after, and Alice woke up early and rushed down to breakfast. She knew none of her friends got up early, and she didn't want eyes on her while she did what she was going to do. Walking into the Great Hall, she realised how empty and sad it looked this early. There were only around 30 people in there. There he was, the one she knew was an early riser.

"Hi."

"Hey, Alice. Sit?"

"Yeah, thank you. I just wanted to let you know, that I would love to go to the Ball with you."

She was lying. She would like it, probably, but she knew she wouldn't love it.

Cedric's smile grew, and he put his spoon back into his cereal, turning his body to face hers.

"Really?" The smile didn't leave his face. It was contagious, pushing one onto hers as well.

"Yes, Cedric. I'm really excited."

She was still lying. Screw teaching, acting was her calling in life.

He lifted his hand up, placing it on the side of her face, rubbing his thumb across her cheek. He used his fingers to pull her neck forward, engulfing her in a hug. Cedric was quite a bit bigger than her, so it was one of the best hugs she had ever had. It did however, take her a moment to react, slowly lifting her arms, to wrap them around his back.

After a few seconds, they both pulled back, still sitting very close to each other.

"May I?" His fingers were still rubbing her cheek, and he was now looking at them moving. 

Alice didn't really under stand what he meant, but she still nodded her head silently. He leaned down to her level, tilting his head. He left a soft, warm kiss on her cheek. Alice thanked the heavens that he could not see her face, because her eyes were wider than she would care to admit. She felt heat rising to her cheeks, and she stressed that he could feel the heat under his lips. Even though the lips touching her weren't Draco's, she still enjoyed every moment of it.

Cedric lifted his head slowly. His smile had lightened slightly, but it was definently still there. Alice didn't know what to do. Should she stay and eat breakfast at the Hufflepuff table? Should she make up an excuse and leave? Should she break the blush inducing eye contact that hadn't stopped since the kiss?

"Alice?" She closed her eyes and let out a breath. Whether it was out of frustration or relief, she couldn't tell. Turning around, she spotted Daphne, in front of them, and the rest of their friends, standing awkwardly at the door. Looking away from the door, she turned back to the smiling girl in front of her.

"Hey, Daph. You know Cedric." She awkwardly pointed her finger at him, knowing that she, and possibly all her friends had seen part of their encounter. 

Daphne gave a knowing, smug smirk to the boy next to Alice, reaching out a hand.

"Daphne. Nice to meet you, Cedric."

He returned her hand, shaking it, while laughing a little at her expression. "Nice to meet you too, Daphne."

Still smiling she moved her attention to an embarrassed looking Alice.

"You staying here for breakfast, or are you gonna come sit with me and explain this?" Daphne gestured her hands between the two sitting at the table, making them both laugh.

'I'll be over in a sec, Daph."

"Sure, sure... take your time, no rush." She began walking back to the Slytherin table, where everyone who had been standing in the door, was now sitting. She didn't forget to leave Alice a wink before leaving, though.