𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 -𝘸𝘩𝘺?

The same day as Alice's conversation with Cedric, she was going to meet up with Mattheo in the library for their weekly potions tutoring. She was sitting at the desks by the book shelves, waiting for him. He was only 5 minutes late, when he came crashing through the library doors. The Librarian shushed him, with a very angry expression, then he apologised and came walking towards her.

"Sorry I'm late, I left everything in my dorm. Had to run back and go get it." Mattheo placed all his belongings on the desk, and turned his body to face her.

"So?" She had a tight smile on her face, raising her eyebrows while speaking.

"So what?" Mattheo looked at her dumb founded. He had no clue what she was getting at.

"The potions assignment, Mattheo." He finally showed his understanding, mumbling a slight 'oh'. "Oh for gods sake, please told me you passed?" She now held her head in her hands, preparing for the worst.

"Of course I passed, I'm a freaking genius." Mattheo may have been whispering because they were in the Library, but Alice could tell he wanted to scream it through the whole room.

"Oh thank God! I knew I was a good tutor. Who knows maybe I've got a career in teaching." It felt as if a weight had been lifted from Alice's shoulders. She didn't stress about her own assignment nearly as much as his.

"Yes, yes, you did great. I was going to get you something to say thank you, but Pansy told me you've already had a very good day." 

The smirk on his face scared Alice slightly. What was so special about today?

"What's that supposed to mean?" She laughed a little, rearranging her books, preparing for their tutoring.

"She told me about you and Cedric, on the bridge earlier." The smirk didn't leave his face. He looked a bit like Daphne, getting excited over Alice talking to a boy.

"What about it?" Seeing Mattheo act this way was very strange to Alice. He had never acted this girly in his life. She quite liked it.

"Why are you acting thick, Ali? I'm on about the ball." 

"Oh, yeah, it's not a big deal."

He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow. Mattheo had begun to think that she was developing a crush on the boy.

"So what, he asked me to the Ball?" Continuing with the book in front of her, she flipped to the page that she believed would help Mattheo the most.

"For what it's worth, he seemed pretty interested in getting to know you."

"How would you know, you weren't there?!" She swung he arms into the air, now turning her body so she was fully facing him.

"Pansy told us!"

"Shush!!"

Spinning around, they both spotted the librarian staring at them, with a finger to her lips. Ignoring the woman, Alice carried on with their conversation.

"Go on, what did she tell you?" She crossed her arms around her chest, prepared for an over exaggerated  version of the story.

"Well she came running into the Common Room with Daphne, but she left to the dorms, and was very excited. She came and sat down with us all and told us the whole conversation you had. Told us he asked questions about you, and then asked if you had a date to the ball." Alice nodded along with the story, which led Mattheo to carry on. "Then he asked if you wanted to know anything about him and you asked if he had a date, to which he responded, that he would love for you to go with him."

"Hm, yeah that's right actually." Alice was very surprised. She expected Pansy to tell a story of Cedric confessing his undying love for her. "Carry on."