𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 -𝘥𝘪𝘣𝘴

The first task was a week ago, and Alice attended with the rest of her friends. There had been quite a big argument an hour prior, when everyone met up in the common room, to find the girls rooting for Cedric, and the boys rooting for Krum.

They all found it quite ironic that Harry had managed to rip the dragon away from the stadium, considering everyone else just got on with it. Things were just never easy with him, were they?

Everyone had been told to go to their common rooms for a house meeting, regarding the Triwizard Tournament. This was the fullest everyone had ever seen the common rooms, and to be honest, it was quite difficult to breathe.

"As much as I detest the prospect of a dance, I am here to inform you that the school will be holding one on Christmas Eve. The Yule Ball. I may not be excited about this, but I know that some of you may be." He looked towards a group of 3rd year girls who were whispering between them, excitedly. "I expect you all to dress accordingly, and if I see a single person, mis-representing Slytherin, they will face serious punishment. Now, tomorrow, you will all gather in the great hall, and Professor McGonagall will be teaching you."

"Teach us what?" Shouted a 6th year boy, from the back of the common room.

Snape looked unpleased with the boy. He did not tolerate shouting, especially when directed at him.

"She will be teaching you how to dance. Properly."

Murmurs erupted through the common rooms. Many people were not happy with the idea of fancy dancing. Slytherin was not accustomed to this type of party.

"Why don't you teach us to dance, Snape?" Draco, who was sitting on one of the sofas, along with the rest of the group, plus Adrian Pucey, shouted.

Everyone could tell that Snape was about to threaten Draco with detention for his sassy remark, but Draco was Draco. Snape's favourite student, so he brushed it off. But, he did have a rather sour look on his face when leaving, to his office.

"I might ditch, come with?" Mattheo was peering at the rest of the boys, who all started to nod along with him.

"No." Alice stated firmly.

"What? Why?" Mattheo knew he didn't need the girls permission to ditch, but he did question why she was so keen on all the boys going.

"You are all going. Each and every one of you. We aren't gonna dance with strangers!" She pointed her finger between her, Daphne and Pansy.

"You won't have to dance with a stranger, doll. I'll be there." Adrian, who was sitting to the left of Alice, wrapped his arm around the back of the sofa, running his hand along he shoulder.

She gave him, and his hand, a dirty look, before swinging it off of her and standing from the sofa.

"I think I'll pass on that offer. Thanks, Pucey." She walked away from the group, making her way up to the dormitory. 

The boys, who were still sitting in the common room, then finally decided that they would go. But, if it sucked, the girls owed them. Big time.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, instead of going to their final lesson, which was supposed to be Muggle Studies, everyone from Slytherin entered the great hall. The girls sat on the left of the hall, while the boys sat on the right.

Some of the boys actually seemed quite excited to dance. They obviously thought it was going to be a laugh. Draco, Enzo, Blaise, Theo and Mattheo, however, were sitting in the middle of the hall in-between all the boys, and were facing opposite the three girls. They all had their arms crossed with bored expressions on their face as they listened to the lecture McGonagall was giving.