𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 -𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢

The day after the party, Alice woke up before the two girls and got washed, dressed and headed down for breakfast. She thought that the girls would need some extra sleep considering they had drunk more than her. While sitting at the breakfast table, Mattheo walked into the hall, on a mission to speak to Alice.

"Hi, can I sit?" He signalled to the seat opposite Alice, and she nodded, motioning for him to sit down. "I'm really sorry, about everything I said about you, that night after your party."

Alice had been thinking about this all morning, she wasn't sure whether he would even bring it up.

"Yeah, you were drinking, so..."

"It doesn't matter whether I was black out, or sober. I should've never said that about you, or about Daphne or Pansy." He seemed completely honest, as if he had been thinking about this a lot.

"For what it's worth, the black eye Draco gave you seemed rough. I say that's decent karma." Alice continued to eat her food, slightly happy that Mattheo didn't just pretend it never happened. He seemed genuinely sorry.

As much as what he said was vile, there was no way she was going to let it ruin their friendship. If he ever did anything like this again, that's when she'd start questioning things. She wasn't going to forgive him straight away, but she wasn't going to ignore him either.

"I was pretty pissed when I was told the story, but you're one of my best friends Mattheo, and what you did just didn't seem like you. Just don't do it again. To me, Daph, Pans, or any other girl for that matter."

"I promise, I will never say something like that again. I sounded like my dad."

A slight grimace grew across Alice's face. Mattheo never mentioned his dad, but he also never saw him. The last thing Mattheo should be doing is comparing himself to Voldemort.

"Thanks for being so forgiving about this. I promise, I really don't know what I was saying." He leaned across the table and rubbed his thumb over her knuckles. She smiled up at him, then continued to eat her food.

~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone was sitting in transfiguration, awaiting the Triwizard ceremony later on, where the 3 champions would be picked. People were speculating their guesses on who would be chosen.

"I don't know anyone from the other schools, how am I supposed to guess which one of them will get chosen?" Alice had been hit in the back of he head with a paper ball, she unrolled it to see a note from Enzo, asking her opinions. She was angry that he had disrupted her spell, forcing her to turn around and face him.

"What about from our school?" He was leaning over his desk, trying to get closer to Alice and Daphne. He had completely given up on attempting to turn his quill into a dove.

"I don't know, Lorenzo. I don't even know who put their name in the Goblet."

Enzo leaned back in his chair, realising that Alice had called him by his full name, which she only ever does when angry. He gave it a minute, letting the two girls go back to their work. Once they had both successfully completed their transfiguration, Enzo leaned back to their seats.

"Fred and George's name might be in there, I think Marcus the Hufflepuff put his name in, and uh, what's that Slytherin called? Umm- uh..."

Before Alice could tell him to stop asking questions, McGonagall dismissed the class, and Enzo rushed out, chasing towards the Great Hall. The two girls followed him, meeting back up in the great hall, along with the rest of the group.

"What took you two so long?" Enzo pulled the girls to sit next to him, awaiting Dumbledore's speech.

They sat next to him, Daphne engaging in conversation with pansy, and Enzo talking to the boys. Alice stared off into the hall, looking at all the people who had put the effort in to show up for the announcement.