𝘵𝘦𝘯 -𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦

The Yule ball was edging closer, and excitement had been looming through the castle. Many people were running around and stressing over dates, but Alice, Daphne and Pansy were oblivious to the rush around them.

"I just think tha people are makin a big deal outta nufing." Daphne, who was munching on a chocolate bar over the edge of the bridge as to not get crumbs on herself, argued. They were all looking out at the view, wrapped up in their scarves and mittens. As it got closer and closer to Christmas, the weather seemed to have gotten colder and colder, meaning everyone was fashioning extra house merchandise.

"You're just pissed that Blaise is too nervous to ask you!" Pansy looked past Alice, finally saying what everyone was thinking.

Daphne stood, dumb founded for a moment. She was quietly building up a retort, when she whipped her head back to look at the forest, in defeat. The two other girls looked between each other, aware that Daphne had finally come to terms with her crush.

The three girls sat in silence, taking in the view, and seeing who could emit the most fog from their mouth. It was a very boring day at Hogwarts, lessons seemed to have dragged more than normal, and people were starting to gat antsy waiting for Christmas break.

Most of the people who were going home, were doing it to avoid the Ball. As you could probably guess, they were mostly boys.

"Ali, Ali, Cedric. Don't look. Getting closer. Boiling hot. Burning red fire. He's now standing behind you, he's looking at you. He's looking at me, he can hear me telling you his location." Pansy wasn't speaking nearly as quietly as she thought she was.

Alice spun around and gave her a very sarcastic smile, before turning to Cedric, who was laughing slightly at Pansy.

She turned away from the two, obviously embarrassed for her sake, and Alice's.

"Hi, Cedric. I've been meaning to talk to you, actually. I'm uh- I'm sorry I ran off so soon, last time you tried to talk to me. It's just that uh-"

"Your best mate got turned into a ferret? Yeah, I did hear." He gave a slight puff of laughter, and took Daphne's spot, on the bridge, leaning his crossed arms against the wall. It was then that Alice realised, her friends had left her once again. Well, not completely, they were standing on the opposite side of the bridge, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"News does travel very fast around this school, doesn't it?"

"It does. In fact, I'm shocked I've never heard any thing about you. I mean, people talk about you all the time, but they don't actually know anything about you. You're a very mysterious woman, Randolph." He pointed a finger in her face and wiggled it around, jokingly.

She laughed slightly, moving to look away from him, and back at the scenery. She pushed her tongue into the side of her mouth. Someone calling her mysterious, was not something she was used to.

"I'm not quite sure I agree with you. Everyone seems to think they know me very well." She rolled her eyes, remembering the times where people have attempted to start false rumours. In third year, someone had the nerve to rumour that she was dating every single one of her best guy friends. She hadn't had a proper boyfriend before, but suddenly, she was told to be having 5 of them.

"I don't think I do. I mean, really, all I know is your name. I have many things I would like to know, though." He was now looking at her, analysing her face. He noticed things about her that he hadn't before. Marks that no one else could see from where they stood.

She returned his gaze, also analysing his features. He had a very sharp nose. "Like what? What would you like to know, Cedric?"

"If that eyebrow slit is purposeful or not and if you think you belong in Slytherin, because in the two short conversations I've had with you... I don't think you are?"