𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯-𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺

Everyone was officially kicked out of the ball at 11, so the last few people were slowly making their way out. Cedric said goodnight to everyone before turning left, in the direction of his Common Room. Everyone, apart from Theo, who had left early on in the night, were making their way back to the Slytherin dorms.

It was mostly silence, apart from the odd yawn, or giggle coming from Blaise and Daphne. It was calm, unlike the last few hours of their life. 

As they made it back to the Common Room, everyone went straight to their dorms apart from Alice, who decided to warm up by the fire that was burning. She sat for a while, enjoying the silence, which was broken by someone walking down the stairs.

Draco poked his head out of the hallway of the stairwell, checking to see if she was still sitting there.

"Hi Draco." She lazily mumbled.

"Hey Ali." He wandered over to where she was sitting, joining her on the sofa. 

"Did you enjoy the dace?" She asked, gazing up at his face, which was adorned with dark eye bags from the busy and late night.

"It was alright, yeah."

Liar.

"What about you? Have fun with Cedric-the-paedophile?" The nickname even made himself laugh. 

Alice sat up from his words, staring at Draco in shock. "What did you just call him!?"

"A pedo?"

"Yes! Why would you call him that?!"

"Because! He is one! Don't you find the age gap sort of.. I don't know.. disgustingly weird?"

There was a silence, while they both just sat and stared at each other. A sudden jolt of recognition ran through Alice's expression, and Draco burst out laughing.

"Oh my god. He's.."

"Seventeen! Yes he is! How did you not know that!"

Alice was completely dumbfounded. Not for a second had she realised that he was a Triwizard Champion, which meant he had to be at least 17. The subject of age had never come up. Did he even know hers?

"I never really thought about it. I mean, do you think he knows I'm only 14?" Alice leaned back into the sofa, starting to stress. What if he did know that she was 14 and he just didn't care? She prayed that that wasn't the case.

"Hey, stop stressing. Either way, I think you shouldn't see him again, whether he knows your age or not. It's weird." He held her close, knowing that the more she thought about the situation, the more she would stress.

"No, I uh.. I'll go speak to him after Christmas."

They sat in silence for a while, enjoying the warm position they were laying in. Alice would be lying if she said she wasn't slightly upset over the Cedric situation. It shocked her that she could spend so much time with him, and not realise his age. While thinking about her date, Alice realised Daphne was probably waiting in their dorm to tell her all about her night with Blaise.

"I better head to bed, Daphne wakes me up at like 5am on Christmas morning. She's stuck in a child's body, I swear." Alice sat up and stretched, before making her way to the stairs.

"Okay." He also sat up from the chair and followed her to the stairs, checking his watch. It was just past midnight. "Merry Christmas Ali." 

She turned around and smiled at him, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. "Merry Christmas Dray."

~~~~~~~~~~

When Alice got back to her dorm that night, Daphne was fast asleep. She guessed that all the excitement of her first date had knocked her out early. So, she was able to wrap the last of her friends gifts in her wardrobe, attempting to not wake Daphne.