𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 -𝘤𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦

A few weeks after Potters name was pulled from the Goblet, Alice, Pansy and Daphne were walking through the outside corridors, talking about their new potions assignment.

"Well, I'm tutoring Mattheo tonight so, mine will be put off until I've finished teaching him what he's doing. I don't think it will take me too long though." 

"Ali, I don't think it's very fair that you're stuck tutoring him. I mean, you have other stuff to get on with. Plus, are you even comfortable spending that much alone time with him?" Daphne questioned.

Alice stopped, walking slightly slower. "Why wouldn't I be?"

Daphne didn't speak. She looked between Alice, Pansy and the floor. 

"The things he said about you? I mean, I'm still pissed and I'm not you so, i don't know. If he tries anything with you just kick him. In the cock."

"What are you two on about? Why would Ali be uncomfortable around Mattheo? Oh go, what's he done now?" It seemed that Pansy was still in the dark about what had happened, so Daphne went to explain. 

"Excuse me?"

Alice turned and made eye contact with a broad chest, covered in a Hufflepuff robe. She looked further up, and met eyes with the boy who had been chosen for the Triwizard Tournament.

"Hello?" She didn't mean for her greeting to come out as a question, but she was very shocked and confused as to why he was talking to her. He was 17 to be entering the tournament, and Alice was only turning 15 in January. What on earth was he calling her for?

"Hi. I'm uh Cedric, by the way."

"Hi. I'm Alice. Were you calling for me or..?" She turned around to point towards her friends, only to find that they had disappeared. 

Gits.

She turned back around and looked up at him, with quite an awkward expression on her face, almost like a pulled back smile. He only looked back at her with his gleaming teeth.

"I was calling you."

Alice had no idea what situation she was in. Was he going to ask her to wear one of those badges that claimed 'Potter Stunk'?

"Ah. What for?" He still had that wicked smile across his face. When he did smile, all his teeth were on full display, and that put a slightly anxious wobble in Alice's knees.

"I just wanted to introduce myself, is all. I've seen you around almost everywhere this year, so I'm just sort of taking it as a sign to um-"

"Alice! Alice! Come quick!" She spun her neck around in search of where the voice was coming from. She spotted Pansy leaning in through a door that lead to the court yard. She was ushering her to rush over, so she turned Cedric and apologized, before running after her.

When she made her way to the court yard, she stood next to Pansy, peering around, looking for what she was being rushed to see. 

"What on earth are you screaming at me for?" 

"Look!" Pansy pointed to a spot under the giant court yard tree, when Alice finally spotted all the commotion.

A small creature was running towards Alice at an alarming pace. It was quite adorable really, with its bright white hair and little ears. It was a ferret.

It ran behind Alice and snuck between her feet, cuddling into the frill of her socks. The poor thing seemed terrified. She leaned down and brushed the animals head, before picking it up and nestling it into her arms. The soft fur of the ferret brushed against her neck, when it stuck its head closer for comfort.