𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 -𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘥

Everyone had been back at Hogwarts for a full week now, and lessons were finally staring to pick up. Everyone was situated with their classes and which teachers they had. Mattheo's eye was starting to lighten in colour, and Theo and Enzo's hair had returned to it's natural shades of brown.

Alice had gotten a lot closer with Mattheo since being back, and had been asked to tutor him in Potions by Snape. He needed it, he was terrible. They had decided to go to the library every Friday at 6, until 7:30. Their first session went very well, and Mattheo had finally managed to memorise the ingredients to the Polyjuice Potion.

"Okay, so, Fluxweed, Knotgrass, Lacewing flies," Mattheo counted on his hands as they walked back to the common room. "Leeches, Boomslang skin, something off the person you want to change into, and... um..."

"Horn offf..?"

"Bicorn! Yes, Horn of a Bicorn!" He put his hand into his head and groaned, because it took him so long to memorise them all, and he had already forgot.

"It's fine, you knew it. Just took a little nudge." She elbowed him in the side and laughed to herself. She could tell how important his potions work was to him. He groaned in fake agony and gripped his side, hiding his smirk by looking down to the floor.

When they made it to the Common Room, Mattheo whispered the password, even though there was no one around. Guess it was force of habit. He held the wall open for her and tilted his head towards the entrance, signalling for her to walk in.

She smiled at him as she walked in, and then noticed all of their friends sitting down on the sofas. Enzo was trying to light the fire, while everyone else was sitting down complaining that he was doing it wrong. Pansy however, noticed the two had finally came back, and smiled at Alice, waving them to come sit down.

Alice sat in between Daphne and Pansy, on the sofa opposite the fire place, and Mattheo sat in between Blaise and Theo, opposite Draco, where there was a spot saved for Enzo. 

"Where've you two been?" asked Daphne. She had a suspicious look in her eye, and she scanned Alice's face checking for any signs of hesitation.

"Poor Alice, has been forced by Snape, to tutor Mattheo in potions." Blaise kicked his feet onto the coffee table, and laughed to himself. He did not think that the tutoring was going to help.

Mattheo copied him by pushing his legs up onto the coffee table, but slightly more harsh than Blaise did. "I'll have you know, I have memorised the ingredients list to a Polyjuice Potion."

"Well, shiver my bloody timbers!" Draco shook sarcastically in his seat and reached for his drink off of the coffee table, because he thought it was at risk of getting pushed off. "I hate to break it to you, Mattheo, but we all learnt that in second year."

"Hey, better late than never." Alice looked defensively between Draco and Mattheo, but Draco held nothing but a disgusted look on his face. And he was staring right at Alice while doing it.

"Fucking finally!" Enzo jumped from his feet and slumped down onto the sofa wiping his forehead of sweat. He had finally managed to start the fire. "And the work finally pays off." 

Everyone started to feel the heat rising from the fire, and silence overtook the group.

Daphne nudged Alice's elbow, and leaned closer. 

"So, there's a party tonight, in the common room, that's why it's so empty. They banished all the 1st, 2nd and 3rd years to their dorms. It's sort of like a 'yay! we survived the first week back!' kind of party, but also kind of like a 'start of the Triwizard tournament' party. I thought, since it's the first one we're allowed to go to, we could go together. All three of us. Do you wanna?"

"Yeah sure, who else is going?"

"Everyone, pretty much. I'm pretty sure there are some people from other houses invited as well, but, you know, only the important people." She smiled and looked around the Common Room. Alice could tell she was really excited.

"Well, when does it start?" She looked down at her watch, it was a gift off of her mother for her 14th birthday. It was accompanied by the words 'maybe now you'll be on time'. Her mothers words would have hurt her, but she was so happy with the gift in front of her, that she hadn't seemed to care. Looking at it kind of made her a bit sad, it was kind of a reminder that her mum had changed so much.

"Randolph!" Alice looked up to see Draco and every one else seated around the chairs looking at her with worried faces, she turned her head back to Draco.

"What?"

"Why are you staring at your watch as if it just threatened to kill you?" 

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was just thinking." She turned and looked back at her watch, the time read 7:58.

"Anyway, the party starts at 9. If you don't wanna go we- we don't have to." Daphne and Pansy both looked quite nervous that Alice was going to say she didn't want to go. She did want to go. There was no way she was going to sit inside her dorm, on her own, while all her friends went to their first proper party.

"Obviously I want to go. But it starts in an hour and I need a shower, so I'm going up." Alice stood from her seat and both the girls followed. 

"We'll come with, I don't think I have anything to wear." Daphne said to herself, as she grabbed her bag off of the table.

"Where the hell are you three going?! I just started the fire to warm us all up!" Enzo signalled to the slowly dissipating flame, but the girls had already made their way up to the staircase that lead to the dorms.

"I'm gonna go as well, need some time alone before I deal with a bunch of drunk people." Draco stood up and walked towards his dorm. The rest of the boys did the same, all giving their excuses on why they needed to leave and 'get ready'. Mattheo was the last to leave, claiming he needed to shave. 

"Shave what? Your pubes? Cause there ain't hair anywhere else!" So, Enzo stood alone in the Common Room, with nothing but a now completely dead fire.

"Fuck." He muttered to himself, as he stomped his foot and followed the boys up to their dorms.

~~~~~~~~~~

1.1k words

bit boring, but this is just to prepare for the next chapter :))))