𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

Ten years ago

Ten years ago...

"Jungwon wait up!" the girl called out as she struggled to keep up with him. The taller boy was running too fast, unfortunately leaving her to trudge along from far behind.

He faced the girl, chuckling lightly at the way she pouted her lips while glaring at him, clearly annoyed. He slowed down his tracks to stop infront of the familiar wooden bridge as he waited for her to catch up before they decided walk side by side.

"It's not my fault your so slow." He reasoned.

"Hey," she said as she wacked his arm, "that's only because you got a head start."

"Sureee."

Iseul didn't reply as something had caught her attention. She found herself admiring the bright orange fish in the river below. She noticed the way they swam around, hiding occasionally under rocks only to be found by their kind - as if they were playing hide and seek.

She chuckled as she noticed one of the fish getting it's tail tuck under a medium sized pebble.

Poor thing. She thought to herself.

Han Iseul was a very sophisticated girl for her age. She was very shy and although everyone admired her for her thoughtfulness, she didn't have many close friends except for Yang Jungwon, who she grew up together with - probably because they were next door neighbors.

She loved nature very much. Most of her free time was spent outdoors. She loved the cool breezes, the soft whisper of grass as the wind rushes by, she loved picking colorful flowers in spring and eating ripe berries. Ever since she was a kid at such a young age, she had learned to romanticize her life and always find the beauty of it.

But of course she didn't spend all of her time appreciating mother nature and her gifts, she also found herself growing fond of reading.

She loved to read. She especially liked romance. She loved the way they described the certain feeling in fairy tails. She envied the devotion the characters had for each other. She admired how strong their love was - to the point they would willingly do anything for their significant other.

She too wanted a prince charming that wound climb the highest mountains, sail the wildest seas and tame the wildest storms for her. She wanted someone who would stay loyal to her throughout every second of the day.

Some people might find this funny. A young girl like her? Already familiar with such a strong emotion? Already dreaming of the day where she might experience it? Iseul knew love wasn't perfect. She knew that in reality, it wasn't that easy to find someone who could fully devote themselves to you. She knew that love was a war.

It wasn't oblivious to the girl love could ruin you. It could do horrible things to you. It could cause agony, pain, hatred, depression and gloominess. It could turn you away from the world and manipulate you - betray you and make you go against your own being.