𝟬𝟯

As she carefully opened the door of the cosy café, a familiar bell softly chimed as she entered

As she carefully opened the door of the cosy café, a familiar bell softly chimed as she entered. Bowing to a few customers and workers that had lend her their attention, she made her way to find the extroverted girl she hadn't seen ever since summer because of her trip to the States.

Right when she was about to turn and head toward the left side of the café, she heard an excited voice call her. A voice that she had missed too much.

"Iseul!"

Before she could turn around, she had already been engulfed by a tight embrace, causing them to almost fall over if they hadn't been balanced again.

"Yunjin, I missed you so much." Iseul was quick wrap her arms around the taller girl, inhaling the scent of strawberries and fresh roses. She only now realized how much she had missed the cheerful presence of the funny girl as she felt her eyes well up as tears threatened to roll down her pale cheeks.

Huh Yunjin. Although Iseul wasn't close with many people, Yunjin was one of the few and lucky people she shared a special bond with. She was like an older sister to Iseul. Someone she could find comfort and peace in whenever she had girl problems and dilemmas. Someone who protected her and made her feel better whenever she was down. With Yunjin in the room, her mood was instantly lifted.

The girl made her feel more confident and proud of herself. Whenever she was with Yunjin, she became and extrovert - not completely though.

Even though Yunjin is only a few months older than Iseul, she is very protective of the latter, always making sure no one messes with her. Ever since the first day they had met, they had almost been inseparable.

It all started when they were in the third grade. Jungwon had stayed home from school for at two whole weeks as he had come down with a fever. Usually the stubborn boy wouldn't let little coughs and stuffy noses stop him from attending school to give Iseul company, but this one had been pretty serious.

Iseul, being the shy introvert she was, had trouble finding someone to eat lunch with as she didn't want to tend her meal alone. But she just couldn't bring herself to make introductions and make new acquaintances. So that's how she almost ended up eating lunch alone under the playgrounds castle bridge.

Almost.

That's when Yunjin came along.

Being the very energetic and loud girl she was, Yunjin was sprinting around freely as she was playing tag with a few classmates. When she stopped to take a breathe, she found herself under the bridge of the playground with another kid. Who turned out to be crying.

Yunjin stopped running as she found shade under the playground bridge, taking deep breaths to calm down her wildly pumping heartbeat. She had been running around carelessly ever since the bell had rang and dismissed the small pupils to their lunch.