𝟭𝟬

The golden rays of the peaking sun sneakily made their ways through the blinds as they shone through the curtains

The golden rays of the peaking sun sneakily made their ways through the blinds as they shone through the curtains. Bathing the two sleepless teenagers, it glistened over them as a reminder a new day had dawned and was awaiting them.

Feeling a warm sensation tingling over her, Han Iseul allowed her eyes to flutter open as she stretched out her arms before reaching over to her phone and checking the time. 12:37pm. It was almost afternoon.

"Jungwon," She moved over tapping his shoulder as an attempt to wake him up, "Yang Jungwon, wake up."

Stirring a bit, Jungwon let out a tired groan as he brought his hands up to rub his eyes before opening one of them to take a look at Iseul who had already sat up.

"...Five more minutes." He slurred as while slumping back down and pulling of the blankets.

"No." She disagreed with a stern shake of her head. "Let's go out and do something, it's a beautiful day and the weather is nice "

And before Jungwon had the chance to do anything else, Iseul had already crawled out of the fort which lead him into reluctantly following up while muttering a string of tired complaints under his breath

"Here are your orders." The waiter kindly smiled at the two as he placed their drinks down on the table for them.

They returned the gesture while lightly bowing their heads in respect. Saying their thanks and accepted their cups with a few sips, immediately savouring the warm beverages that they chose.

After waking up and getting ready for the day, Jungwon and Iseul decided to take a walk around town. Doing some shopping they had fun, alongside running some errands for Jungwon's busy mom.

Now, they had found themselves seated inside a nearby cafe, refreshing themselves with some hot chocolate before they had to head home while the sun slowly set.

"Today was fun." Jungwon commented as he blew on his cup before taking another sip.

"Yeah," Iseul nodded, "It was memorable." She let her thoughts take her back to the moments they spent together - just the two of them. Her cheeks warmed up to jokes and compliments they had shared and she let out a content sigh.

A comfortable silence followed them as they immersed in their own thoughts. The hot chocolate brought them peace as they sipped the marshmallow tainted beverage.

Looking around, Iseul's eyes led her to an elderly couple sitting a few seats away. Her vision lingered over the sight as she watched them in awe. They sat together eating cheesecake and drinking tea, a light conversation comforting them.

Maybe they had been highschool sweethearts? Or they met again during college after years of bickering and arguing to cover their true feelings. What if they had met here, at this cafe?