𝟬𝟳

School had finally ended and Jungwon was quick to rush out of the classroom

School had finally ended and Jungwon was quick to rush out of the classroom. Instead of making his way to the changing rooms or the rugby field, he ended up exiting the school gates - deciding to skip rugby practice. With an unpleasant expression painted on his features, he trudged his way to a nearby convenience shop.

It wasn't that he had a bad day at school, it just wasn't the best and he wasn't in the mood to run around and tackle others for a ball to only reek of sweat.

But he was in the mood to visit Han Iseul. Again.

It had been a week and Iseul was still sick in bed. Although her temperature did drop a few degrees, the girl did not show any other signs of getting better. This meant Jungwon had to walk to school alone and sit alone during class.

Of course, he had other friends apart from her but he rather much prefers the company of Han Iseul over Nishimura Riki and Sim Jaeyun's - only because they would tease him nonstop and couldn't ever quiet down considering how chaotic they were.

Not that he didn't like them, they were quite fun and exciting to be around. It's just he had been used to spending his lunchtime outdoors sitting peacefully under a tree or on the benches with Iseul. Riki and Jaeyun could be annoying sometimes but that's what made up their brotherly relationship. Throughout the years he had gotten an opportunity to grow closer to the two and so far, he hasn't seemed to regret it.

But knowing he was going to see his best friend soon, he lightened up as he couldn't contain his excitement.

He had planned to spoil her with some snacks to make her happy as her sickness has left her with some emotional mood swings and Jungwon just wanted to see her precious smile.

Nearing the shop, he hiked up his bag before entering the small building. Greeting the blunt cashier, he made his way to an isle filled with fresh goods.

Grinning to himself as he imagined her pure reaction, he picked up a near shopping basket and continued to fill it up endlessly with snacks favoured by no other than Iseul.

Iseul blew her stuffy nose on another tissue before tossing the crumpled paper-cloth into the nearby trash basket - surprisingly, it made it inside, only collecting to the heaped pile.

She let out a distressed groan, rubbing her slightly crimson nose as she let out another muffled sneeze.

So much for being sick.

Tremendously horrible wasn't even close to what she was feeling and going through. Her head continued to pound it's merciless beating, her nose was literally blocked, her eyes burnt like hell and her throat was dryer than the Safari desert which caused it to rasp and ache. Her whole body felt like jelly; as if it had given up on her and she was still freezing despite her uncoordinated body temperature.