𝟬𝟭

As the wind brushed through her chocolate brown hair, Han Iseul made her way down the smooth cement pavement as she clutched a woven brown basket of freshly picked berries in her hand

As the wind brushed through her chocolate brown hair, Han Iseul made her way down the smooth cement pavement as she clutched a woven brown basket of freshly picked berries in her hand. The sun smiled down at her with every step she took, helping her relax and enjoy the peace and quiet.

As she turned and headed down her neighborhood, she spotted a women that seemed to be struggling as she was carrying too many white plastic bags in each hand - to the point where there were also bags (of groceries, she assumed) hung on her arms.

As she rushed to help the elder women, she finally noticed that it was Mrs. Yang, her best friend's mom. Where in the world was he? He should be helping his mom right now!

She shook her head as a light scoff passed her cherry coloured lips. Knowing it was the Yang Jungwon they were talking about, he was either playing video games on his computer or watching marvel movies. He could also be reading one of his japanese comics. And if God decided to have mercy on them, he would probably being doing his chores. Coming to a conclusion, she guessed that he was probably at Rugby practice tho considering today was -

Nevermind, scratch rugby practice off. Today was a Sunday. Jungwon only had rugby practices on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Iseul knew this because Jungwon always tells her his schedules, she does the same for him. They knew each other like the back of their hands.

They know every single detail about the other. She knows that barely noticeable scratch on his nose was clawed by a street cat he tried to pet even though she told him not to. He knows that she prefers her tea iced with a teaspoon of cinnamon and three tablespoons of caramel. She knows that he likes sugared mangoes with strawberry jam and he knows that she gets very sensitive over specific topics - number one being her father. They've told each other all the gossip and have spilled every secret.

Except one that Iseul had no intention of spilling unless she wanted to ruin their friendship and lose her only friend.

Her best friend to be specific.

As she finally Mrs. Yang, she reached out and took all the white bags off of the women's outstretched left arm. As she placed the basket of berries on the ground beneath, she then swiftly grabbed the rest that she was holding.

"Let me help you with that Ma." She said as she smiled softly at the surprised women. Her sudden presence must have startled her because she flinched back before looking at who must've said that.

As Mrs. Yang got time to assure who it was really was, her once startled appearance had morphed into gratitude. She exhaled deeply, patting the younger girls shoulder before she rushed forward to open the door of the house, not forgetting to grab the neglected basket.

"Thank you so much Iseul," she said gratefully as she closed the door once the girl was inside. "I have no idea where that Jungwon is right now, such a careless boy." She bickered while shaking her head, causing her short brown hair to bounce back and forth.