Chapter 6

(Late at Night, Xiao Long/Rose Household)

Yang is inside a nightmare. All around her are broken pieces of buildings and darkness. She looks around, confused, and lets out a small gasp when she looks down. She raises both of her arms and turns them, examining their presence, particularly her right arm. Yang looks up from her arms to see Adam, walking toward her. The red accents in his hair, mask and outfit have a surreal glow. Yang steps back defensively and discovers that she is suddenly wearing Ember Celica. She blasts Adam five times, but they do nothing to him while he steadily continues walking closer. Adam puts his right hand on the handle of his sheathed sword. Yang tries to attack him again, but her weapon is gone, as is her right arm. She stares for a moment in confusion and disbelief and then startles when Adam is abruptly directly before her. He grins at her and starts to unsheathe Wilt from Blush. 

Yang: "...!?!?"

Yang awakens with a gasp

Yang awakens with a gasp. She quickly looks around to see that she's in her room, lying on top of her bed. The robotic arm given to her by General Ironwood rests on her bedside table, out of the box. Yang looks at it for a moment before turning her face away. She hears laughter coming from downstairs. Yang heads downstairs to discover Professors Oobleck and Port sitting at her kitchen table and laughing with her father, and Y/N. 

Port: "And, and, and then, in comes Qrow, wearing a skirt! I was just a TA, I-I didn't know what to do, so I just... I just left the room to laugh!"

Yang comes to the kitchen door while they continue laughing.

Tai: "We told him it was a kilt! He'd never worn a uniform before, so he didn't know!"

Oobleck: "That is terrible! What is wrong with you!?"

Tai: "Hey! The girls all said he had nice legs! I did that jerk a favor! Besides, that's not even the best part! See, then we-"

Port puts his right leg on the tabletop, cutting off Tai.

Port: "Like what you see?"

The four laugh and Port loses his balance. He tries to save himself from falling but ends up on the floor.

Y/N #4: "You okay?"

Port: "I am, thanks."

Y/N #4: "Okay, okay, I've got a story to tell. So, Qrow and I were escorting a circus traveling to Mistral. While we finish and were about to leave, Qrow of course was flirting with a woman, while drunk. I realize what that woman was and try to stop Qrow but, he shrugs it off."

Tai: "What happened?"

Y/N tries to maintain his laughter as he continues. 

Y/N #4: "The moment the woman turns around and much to Qrow's shock... she had a beard!"

This makes the adults burst out laughing, which Y/N joins in. After the laughing die down a bit, Oobleck then asks.

Oobleck: "What happened then?"