Chapter 11

(Ruby)

It is a cloudy day. Y/N and the others are following a mossy stone tile path through the wilderness. While walking, Nora stretches her arms up wide. 

Nora: "Another day, another adventure!"

Beside her, Jaune reads a map while Y/N, Ruby, and Ren continue alongside them.

Ruby: "What's on the agenda today?"

Jaune: "Walking."

Nora: "With the side of..."

Ren: "Walking."

This makes Ruby sigh as the group continue to walk down the path to the next village, surrounded by trees on all sides. 

Ruby: "This trip was only supposed to take two weeks max by train."

Y/N #1: "Two weeks?"

Ruby: "Two weeks, three weeks. Those would have been better. Now it's turned into a month walk across Amina."

Y/N then hold Ruby's hand, giving her a reassuring smile. 

Y/N #1: "Don't worry, Rubes. I manage to travel through the country by foot and I came out fine."

Ruby is glad that he's trying to cheer her up before she looks ahead and notice something.

Ruby: "Hey, what's that?"

The group came to a halt just outside what seemed to be the entrance to another village. Nora jumps onto a slightly fallen post of a fence to get a closer look at a wall and building ahead. Jaune, meanwhile, check up on the map along with Y/N.

Jaune: "That's... strange. I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days."

Ren: "It's not on the map? Maybe it was newly constructed."

Y/N #1: "That or this map we got is really old."

Nora squints her eyes, still looking closely at the village before them. 

Nora: "Are those buildings... damaged?"

Y/N #1: ("No... not again.")

Jaune: "We should search for survivors!"

The group then dashed quickly into the village, looking around the interior of the village. They discover to find it empty. Ruby lifts a fallen plank of wood to find only plant outgrowth underneath.

Ruby: "Anything?"

Y/N #1: "Nope!"

Nora: "Nothing over here!"

Jaune: "No one over here, either!"

Ren: "It almost seems like... "

Y/N #1: "The whole town was abandoned."

As the others move forward, Y/N notice Ruby being glued to her spot as she gazes upon the eerie town. 

Y/N #1: "Hey, what's wrong?"

Ruby: "I'm just... wondering... what could drive people to abandon their homes like this? What exactly were they running from?"

Before Y/N could answer, Nora calls out to them. 

Nora: "Hey guys, I think I found something!"

Without another word, Y/N and Ruby headed towards Nora, Ren, and Jaune where they crowded around something in the middle of the road. It was a signboard and as Nora clear away the plants that had grown across it, she read the name out loud.