Chapter 21

(Blake)

Fennec and Corsac prepare themselves for their assassination attempt, doing some ritualistic chanting to themselves to clear any sort of doubt or regret, strengthening their resolve to take a life. The Albain Brothers are sending up a prayer to the fox Faunus figure picture on the wall, one of the originators of the Faunus superiority ideology. Their messiah or papal figure to the two extremist Faunus and their followers. After their little prayer, the Albain Brothers share a look with one another.

Corsac: "Shall we go?"

Fennec: "Indeed we shall."

With preparations complete and weapons in hand, they head out the door of their shrine area as White Fang members follow after them. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Inside the Belladonna household, Ghira and Saber are having pleasant discussion over the protective details of Ghira's upcoming speech. After that, the two men start winding down for the conversation to more casual fare.

Ghira: "So... how is my daughter doing as a town guard?"

Saber: "She's doing rather well lately. 

Ghira: "I see. How's Y/N and Sun? I heard that a few of your men had some friction towards Y/N."

Saber: "Mr. Wukong is well... Mr. Wukong. As for Y/N, at first, there was some friction between him and a few of my men for a couple months. But ever since your daughter and Y/N slain that Deathstalker, the friction between them stop and they leave each other alone."

 Ghira: "I see. I'm quite relieved to hear that."

Before the conversation continues, the lights are cut out, leaving them both confused. Saber stands and checks the window closest to him, looking outside. Ghira also stands up and looks over to Saber.

Ghira: "What's going on?"

Saber: "I'm not sure but, it seems your house is the only one without any power."

He and Ghira become alarmed by this only to be interrupted by one of the guards outside the room they're in being thrown through the door with a blade sticking out of his chest, much to their shock. Kali and the cat guard come out of a different room, confused by the ruckus.

 Kali and the cat guard come out of a different room, confused by the ruckus

Kali: "Ghira, what's going on?!"

Kali and the cat guard soon turn their attention to the dead guard on the floor before Ghira chimes in.

Ghira: "Go back to where you came from and find a place to hide!"

This is when the Albain Brothers rush into the room they're in, followed closely by Yuma.