Chapter 6

*PRESENT DAY*

It has been just over a week since Dong Ju appeared in front of my house and I was getting really frustrated as to why there has been no activity ever since then. Sitting on my couch, I was working on my laptop and sipping on coffee when the door to the bathroom opens and Lena walks out with a towel around her neck. I can't help but be obligated to look. She's wearing a tank top that accentuates her chest and sweatpants and my brain stops working for some reason. Why didn't I notice that she's beautiful? Her long brown hair that reaches just past her mid back and her doe eyes that can show the whole world. Trailing down, my eyes land on her lips. Oh what I wouldn't do get my lips o--hold on what the fuck am I thinking?

Shaking my head, I go back to my research on my laptop and ignore any distraction. For the next 20 minutes, I pretend to do work but despite being her only in the kitchen, I shut my laptop and head over to the study. Maybe some quiet time should work because that's how I have always liked it.

Sitting down in front of my desk, I immediately bury myself in paperwork. If I had known that getting myself into this lifestyle would require all this paperwork, I wouldn't have done it in the first place. But the circumstances made me choose this life. And I wouldn't have gotten to where I am if it wasn't for my boys sticking through.

And then there was Lena. I wonder if she will agree to go out and meet the boys properly. Picking up my phone, I text Felix to get the boys ready as I will be bringing a guest.

---

All 7 of the boys stood in front of Lena and I rather awkwardly. And she seemed uncomfortable as well so I decided to break the ice. "Boys, this is Lena Reyes. And these are my boys, my family," I said smiling as I point to them.

"Nice to meet you all," Lena stated. But the boys still stared at her. Oh for fuck sake...

"Hyung told us about you," Hyunjin spoke.

"Yeah, you were all he could talk about," I.N. sheepishly.

"Mwoh?" I blinked. "Yah, what did you say? Come here!" I run after I.N.  and when he sees me coming, he runs away giggling.

"Well, it's true! You did talk about her!" Seungmin teased.

"When did I do that?!" Pretending to kick him, I put his head in a headlock playfully as he pleads for me to let him go.

All this caused everyone to laugh, including Lena. Looking at Felix and Changbin joining in on the fun while the others watch, I realized that we hadn't had this much joy in quite a while. And I guess it was much needed considering all the things we had just been through.

****

After a while, we were sitting around the huge dining table and eating pizza that Felix had ordered for everyone. Lena and the boys have now gotten acquainted with each other and it made me happy seeing them bond.

"If that smile doesn't say it then I don't know what will," Han said, breaking my line of thought.

"Huh?" Was I smiling? Again? What is wrong with me lately?

"She's making them laugh," Han gestured towards the other end of the table. "That's a first."

Looking at what he was talking about, I freeze. Lena was laughing at whatever the rest of them were telling her. Why does my chest hurt? I look down at myself. Why is that whenever I see her, I get this pain in my chest like it's difficult to breathe?

"Hyung, can I be honest with you?" Han asked as he took a sip of his coke.

"Sure, Han. Anything," I replied nodding.