Chapter 8

The past few weeks has been rough and I'm about to just lose it. I've been stuck at the headquarters trying to find out a way to bring down not only JYP but Kim Dong Ju as well. And so far, I have found nothing and because of this, I've been very moody lately. I've been snapping at everyone and the atmosphere here and at home has been on thin ice. And I've been avoiding Lena whenever we are alone because she's been trying to talk to me but I always make an excuse or simply ignore her. It's because whenever I see her, I'm reminded of the moment when we almost kissed. And it pisses me off because I can't fall in love. I have responsibilities as a leader, especially now with all of the new shit that's been happening.

"Hyung," Lee Know knocks on the door before coming in and I don't even bother opening my eyes because I don't want to deal with whatever he's going to say. "Seriously? You need to go home and sleep there."

"Yah, Lino-ya. Let me sleep," I said, turning the other way on the couch. My study room has now become my bedroom, eating area, whatever you want to call it.

"Hyung!" Lino shouts. We all call him Lino, short for Lee Know.

"Kamchagiya," I sit up, startled and immediately annoyed. "Wae?! Mwoh mwoh?! What do you want?!"

"Go home."

"Shireo," I said, crossing my arms.

"Look," Lino says as he sits besides me. "She's called many times just to check on you and we're running out of excuses. It's time you go home, even if it's just for a little bit."

I look at him because he was right. I need to go home, have a shower and sleep in a bed for once. Sighing, I take my phone and coat and head out. I wasn't ready to face her but it had to be done.

****

As soon I put the code to enter my house, I'm greeted by silence. "Weird." Heading towards the kitchen and living room, still no sign of her so I decide to head to my room to shower. But when I open the door to my room, I'm met with a sight that I wasn't expecting.

There on my bed, Lena is curled up fast asleep. And snoring. I can't help but silently laugh to admire the view. Taking the opportunity, I inch closer and take my phone out to start recording. When I have enough evidence, I sit down on the edge of the bed and just look at her. As she turns in her sleep, a piece of hair strand comes on her face. Snorting, I tuck her strand behind her ear.

Staring at her, I start to realize that if she wasn't here right now, would my life have been the same? Would I be living the same as before? Would I be smiling like I am right now? Snapping out of my trance, I get a shange of clothes and head for the bathroom that's closest to the kitchen. I can't be feeling all these emotions. I need to put all my focus on finding out about why and how JYP got a hold of Lena as child and why the sudden urgency to sell her to Dong Ju.

The quick shower made me very sleepy and I didn't have the energy to grab a water bottle so I went straight to my room, towards my bed and pass out.

****

Sunlight shined through the curtains lighting the room spreading the shine everywhere. Groaning, I open my eyes slowly and I'm met with a sleeping face. My eyes widen and slighlty panic when I realized that I had slept in the same bed as Lena was in. "Fuck my life..," I whispered as I slowly get out of bed without making a sound. When I'm out of the room, I head to the kitchen and release a breath of relief. Was I really that dumb to not notice I that I was in the same bed as her? Guess I must've been really tired. And out of my mind.