Chapter Five: " Lynx"

"What are you doing here?" Evie asked boredly, staring at her brother from across the scoops counter. Wearing His leather clad outfit in the summer heat.

"What, I can't visit my little sister at work?" He playfully smiled, pulling a strand of dark curtly hair from his pale face.

"I didn't say you couldn't. You just never visit the mall." She spoke, leaning on the counter.

"Well, I thought today would be the day." He grinned with his ring clad fingers gripping the counter.

"Mhm, is it because of the new nightmare on Elm Street movie playing in a few minutes, and you know I can give you a free pass?" She asked, battling her eyelashes.

"Uh, I wanted to see you, but it would be totally sweet if you let me through the backdoor." He sweetly smiled.

She rolled her eyes. "Fine." She spoke and led him through the back and into the back hallway.

"Have fun." She called as he walked down the hallway.

"Will do." He smiled and continued walking.

She closed the door and walked back into the parlor.

Robin was getting harassed by Erica Sinclair and her free sample obsession.
"She still bugging you?" Evie asked, watching as Erica and her friends walked away.

"Yea, she won't give up. But luckily neither will i." She smirked.

                      ~          ~         ~

Why are you even looking at girls? You have the perfect one in front of you."  Dustin said while handing the binoculars to Steve.

"If you say Evie again
-Evie
-Evie
-Evie
-Dude stop
-Evie
-No
-Evie." They argued back and forth.

"Man, she's not my type. She's not even in the ballpark of what my type is, all right?"Steve said, hoping to stop Dustin.

"What's your type again? Not awesome?" Dustin asked.

"Thank you." Steve mocked.

"For your information, she's still in school. And she's kinda weird as well as her family. By the time she's out of high school, her whole body will be covered in tattoos, which is kinda hot, but anyway. Plus, she would never like me. Carol Perkins found out she had a crush on me her freshman year and told the whole school. Making everyone bully her. Nobody forgets about something like that." Steve rambled.

"Yeah I heard about that when it happened but now that you're out of high-school, you're technically an adult, don't you think it's time you move on from primitive constructs such as popularity?" Dustin made a point.

"Primitive constructs? That some stupid shit you learned at camp...know..nothing." Steve mumbled.

"Camp no where and that's stuff I learned from life." Dusitn spoke.
Steve made a noise of acknowledgment.

"Instead of dating somebody you think is gonna make you cooler, why not date somebody you actually enjoy being around?" Dustin spoke.

                             ~     ~     ~

"Evie, Robin, you're not gonna believe who Dustin thought was a russian." Steve said as Dustin argued that he thought the guy was a Russian too.
They had just gotten back from spying.

Robin ran between the boys, grabbing evie with her.

"What the hell?" Evie asked as Robin dragged her to the top of a table.

"A trip to China sounds nice." Robin mumbled to herself, looking around the mall.

"What?" Evie asked, confused.
Robin repeated it again and pointed to a Chinese restaurant.

"I'f you tread lightly." Robin mumbled.
"Oh." Evie gasped understanding.

Kaufman shoes caught evies eyes, and she pointed a black fingernail at it.

"If you tread lightly." Evie spoke, shaking Robin's shoudler.

Robin caught on and nodded.
"When blue and yellow meet in the west." Evie read off Robin's notebook.

They emideately started looking around the mall.

A clock caught their eyes, having blue and yellow hands about to meet.

"Evie, Robin, what are you doing?" Steve asked, standing below them.

"We cracked it." Robin smiled proudly at Evie, in which she smiled back.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Word count: 646