Chapter 35 {Edited}

It was bright and early the next day when Alec and Leona gathered in Isabelle's holding room to discuss a plan to save her.

Leona sat next to Isabelle, the Lightwood girl now in a fresh new set of clothes, courtesy of the brunette, as Alec stood in front of the two, restlessly pacing back and forth.

The Lovelace girl ran her hand discreetly and gently over her injured arm, fighting the newfound urge to itch the wound.

Before meeting Alec in Isabelle's room, the brunette had made sure to change her bandages again. She took care of the irritated skin that, Leona hated to admit, looked like it was turning from red into a darkish blue and purple color, something she knew was a problem.

The Shadowhunter had decided to keep that information to herself. The blood sample was now hidden in her room waiting to be brought to Magnus' but Leona knew she could and needed to hold out a bit longer.

Her priority was Isabelle.

They had only been talking for about an hour, but it was clear to all of them that they were getting antsy as time flew by.

"All I know is, we gotta get you out of here," Alec spoke pulling Leona out of her thoughts.

The brunette at first had been listening as the siblings shared ideas but couldn't help but end up staring off into space from time to time.

Isabelle's trial was later that week which meant the group only had a few days to come up with something good or else... well Leona didn't even want to think about it.

"All right, who do we know in Idris?" Alec asked the girls causing Leona to shake her head in dismay.

"Idris is a no right now," Leona said as she twiddled her thumbs.

From next to her, Isabelle let out a sigh, "She's right. The only people who care are mom and dad and they're under suspicion themselves."

"Uh, what about Lydia?" Alec tried suggesting.

"Lydia?" Isabelle asked her brother before turning to look at Leona. Her friend only stared back, shaking her head and letting out a chuckle of disbelief.

Leona didn't want to say anything about the blonde after being shot down by Alec just the night before. She'd let his sister handle the topic.

"Okay, if Leona won't say anything I will." Isabelle looked up at her brother incredulously. "Why do you keep going there? She's prosecuting me."

Leona worriedly rubbed her hands together at the Shadowhunter's words.

"You said she had no choice," Isabelle reiterated.

"She doesn't," Alec answered back, stopping his pacing to look at them both. "I told Leona that and now I'm telling you, she doesn't."

Leona watched as Isabelle got up from her seat. "Everyone has a choice, Alec," She told her brother.

Isabelle looked down at Leona. "I made mine."

Leona held out her hand which Isabelle immediately grabbed and squeezed for support.

"Let me just get through this without losing my self-respect."

"Look, I know you don't wanna believe this, but Lydia said she would help if we could give her a way to do it," Alec said, trying to get his sister to see his side of things.

"The cup, you mean?" Leona asked, rhetorically.

Alec only shook his head. "Maybe...I could get her to delay the trial."

Isabelle could only scoff, letting go of Leona's hand in favor of crossing her own together. "Why? So, I can sit here, playing computer solitaire, while they find something else to blame me for?"