The Perfect Portrait 6

Jonathon POV

I stroked the wall with the paintbrush lightly, as if the wall would crumble at any minute. I felt someone tap my shoulder, and turned around.

"You don't have to paint the wall like it's gonna break." She read my mind, and laughed. "Hahaha. Very Funny."  I signed, smiling.

I turned back around and began painting, a bit quicker. Emily moved to my side and began painting as well. She moved to the dry black wall. She started putting specks of yellow in some areas and bigger ones in others. I watched her curiously. She painted in such gingerly, it was the happiest I had seen her. I smiled at the idea of her being happy. I continued with the yellow side.

We decided that we would mix some of the yellow, and some of the red, to get colors in between. That's how we would make the sunrise.

I finished up with the yellow. So far we had one yellow wall, and one partly done, black wall. I turned around and accidentally ran the brush into Emily's face. I covered my mouth with one hand.

"Sorry!" I signed.

She gaped at me, then her face turned into an unreadable expression. I took slow, cautious steps back nervously smiling.

She charged at me and with all her might she knocked me down. I got back up and ran around the room. She began chasing me. She grabbed me by the back of my shirt, as if it were a dogs collar. I was forced to come to a sudden stop. She brought her paint brush up and began painting on my face. I shut my eyes tight, and sealed my lips. She stopped and blew a kiss, like a cheesy artist.

"It's the perfect portrait!" She said. By the way her lips moved it seemed like she was faking an accent, British maybe? I laughed, before walking down the hall to see the damage, to my face. As I looked in the mirror my face dropped. My cheeks were painted red, while my eyelids were black. The rest of my face was painted yellow.

I looked away from the mirror and down the hall, towards Emily. She ,must have seen the look in my eyes because she quickly ran into the room and shut the door. I pushed on her door as hard as I could, finally it opened enough for me to slip in. Emily ran to the furthest corner of the room, and held her paintbrush in my direction. I walked closer rising my paint brush over my head.

I began painting her face and holding her down. I painted a mustache in black, and I made the rest of her face bright red mixed with a little yellow.

She must have been able to feel what I painted because she began whining at me. I laughed and helped her up.

***

We cleaned our brushes and glanced at the now finished wall. Emily sighed.

"What's wrong?" I signed. She turned my way. "Nothing I just wish I you didn have to leave. Wait, that sounded creepy." She said now embarrassed. "It's fine I know what you mean" I signed. She nodded.

"Hey wanna watch movies. I can turn on the subtitles for you?" I made a fist and nodded it, signing yes. "Aren't the Tanners gonna get mad?" I signed, curiously. "No they barely watch TV. Besides they're busy in the kitchen, working on who knows what!" I laughed and we walked down stairs. She started searching through a shelf full of movies. I clasped my hands to get her attention. She turned around. "How about Beetle Juice?" "Yeah!" She said taking the movie off the wooden shelf. she popped it in the player, and we waited through the previews.

Okay sorry for the short chapter, it's been a long day.

Pic on side is Arianna the bully from a few chapters ago.