Two Ticket Flight 14

Sorry it's been a while since i've updated. I went on a long camping trip in Bookings. Anyways heres another glorious chapter!

As always sign on dear readers! Hope you enjoy!

Emily POV

Hannah sat down next to me.

"After my mother told me i was adopted, life began to crumble. I didn't really talk to anyone much. It was hard. It felt like everyone was looking at me. Jonathon just about saved my life. He helped me cope, through alot." She smiled a bit. "He seems to enjoy doing that. He helped me too." I mumbled. "Okay well enough with this boy talk, and down talk!" She laughed. I began to blush, for no apparent reason. Thinking about it, made me blush harder.

We both stood, and I dusted myself off.

"C'mon, lets go explore, while we wait." I laughed lightly, and followed her. She walked into the darker brush, down a small deer path. As we walked I pulled a few poison berries off the bushes. Growing a bit bored I squished them, and let the red berry guts drip on my hand. I looked through the trees, spotting a few blue jays, and sparrows.

We reached a large log. It looked like it was gonna crumble on the ends, and moss padded the side and top. Hannah sat down in front of it, and leaned back.

"It's pretty out here." Hannah said. I nodded, and sat next to her. "So were you born in Idaho?" I asked, motioning around us. "Nah. I was born in Nebraska. I was raised in Idaho, though." "Oh." I began flipping a stone over, repeatedly. "Where were yu born?" She asked. "I don't know. Maybe Washington. That's where I was brought after birth." I said, sighing. "If I can ask, why didn't your dad take care of you? I mean once your mom left." She asked. "If I remember it was because he was abusive. Unstable." She nodded, head down.

"It's gonna get dark soon. We should probably head back." Hannah said, changing the subject. "Yeah." I replied.

We stood from the damp ground, and headed through the deep, sea of green. We got back to spot we were dropped off at. Mr. Tanner was standing next to his car, looking around. He had a stressed, and worried look on his face.

"Thank God." I sighed, running up to him. Hannah was right on my tail. "There you two are! I was worried, when you never showed up, or texted." He said. "Sorry, my phone died." I said. "And I didn't bring mine." Hannah said. "It's okay. Lets just head back." We began walking to the car, when Mr.Tanner stopped me. "Emily. Your mother said she would me sending the ticket in the mail. She also sent an extra one. If you want you can bring me, my wife, or someone you'd like?" He asked.

I thought about. I wouldn't want to bring him, or Mrs.Tanner. No offense, they would just make it awkward. If I was gonna bring someone, I would want it to be someone that would support me. Not only be on my side, but open minded. Jonathon.

"Would it be okay for me to bring Jonathon?" I asked. Mr.Tanner looked a bit confused. "We have only met him a few times. It's not that I don't trust you but. I just don't want anything happening lik-" I cut him off, quickly. "No! Meet him as much as you want! We are only friends, don't even bring that up!" I half yelled, with big eyes. He nodded. "Okay..."

I nodded back, and took my seat, next to Hannah.

***

We dropped Hannah off, and I decided to text Jonathon. Ask him about the trip, and all.

Emily: Hey, I had a question.

Jonathon: Ya what's up? (:

Emily: Well I was gonna go see my mother. She sent me two flight tickets, and I was wondering if you'd want to go? (:

Jonathon: Of course! And thanks! (:

Emily: You're welcome! We are supposed to leave next month the 6. You free? (:

Jonathon: Yup! :)

Emily: Awesome :)

I turned my phone off, and smiled.

Maybe it's a good thing, i'm seeing my mom. I'm not even gonna let my brain think of things, that could go wrong. Not right now.

I put my phone in my back pocket, as we parked in the driveway. I got out, and shut the door behind me. Openeing the trunk, I took out my painting, and supplies. Once I got inside I hurried to my room.

"Yay! Emily's home!" Alyssa said, running up to me. "Hey hun. I haven't seen you in awhile." I said, smiling. "I know! It's been like forever!" She dragged out, running her palms down her face. I laughed, and picked her up. "Come on, lets get you all ready for bed." I brought her into her room, and sat her on the pink bed.

"So what pajamas tonight?" I asked. "The kitty ones!" She cheered. I rumaged through her drawers. I pulled out the kitten covered pj bottoms, then soon found the top. I threw them her direction, and let her change. "Teeth?" She asked. "Yup." I said. She got her teeth done, then went to lay down. I turned off the lights, causing the night light to turn on. "Make it blue!" Alyssa cried, wanting the brightest color. I changed it blue, then went to sit on her bed. "I don't want you to go." She began to whine. "Don't worry. I'll stay for a few minutes. But you gotta get to bed. Okay?" I asked. "Okay." She mumbled. I watched her eyes close. I sighed, and walked quietly to the door.

I lay down on my bed, then turned on my phone. I began playing a simple game, to waist time. Growing bored, I began scrolling through my music. I found the song "Photograph" By Ed Shereen. The song made me smile, so I decided to play it. I plugged my headphones in, and let the soft lyrics caress me to sleep.