𝟐 「𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃」 𝟐

third
point of view
at a cafe in venice, italy

𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 ON THE PATIO 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐘, Elijah and Tiana both sat calmly in the warm morning air, due to the time different it was only the crisps of the morning over here.

Thanks to the use of a fairy portal deep in the woods of Mystic Falls, the two of them quickly traveled to Venice to have dinner together whilst they discussed the other part of their deal.

"So not only do fairies use portals to return home, but they also use them to travel across the world?" Elijah asked slowly as he looked at the young woman in front of him, Tiana calmly eating her Creme Brûlée French Toast.

The girl nodded her head for a few seconds as she took a sip of her delicious Italian coffee, everything around her was just about perfect at the moment.

"Yes," Tiana squinted her eyes, what the man was saying was correct but there was a bit more information he needed to know. "but I wouldn't recommend looking for one without a fairy with you, the portals are built to sense the supernatural."

Furrowing his eyebrows, Elijah didn't quite understand the purpose of her telling him this, he had no plans to try out fairy creations without someone to guide him.

"Which means?" He asked after a few seconds of waiting on the girl to go on before he realized that she wasn't going to.

"If someone were to go alone," Tiana continued with the negative effect of someone trying to use a fairy portal, she'd once found someone stuck inside one. "it would make any other creature dance until they died, for eternity or until a fairy comes along and frees you."

"So there's no way to use them without a fairy?" Elijah concluded with a question as he took a sip of his favorite Italian-made tea, something he was happy the cafe had.

"A fairy can give you a blessed object that allows you to use fairy objects or gives you a fiery aura," Tiana told him truthfully as per their deal, in exchange for Original Secrets she'd disclose Fairy Secrets. "it's just like a bracelet imbued with fairy power."

"What else is it to your species?" Elijah asked after a few seconds of silence, it seemed that fairies were insanely powerful beings that were able to create amazing feats of magic.

Although before Tiana could answer him or tell him more about her species, their waiter walked over with a glass in his hand.

"Ma'am, you asked for an empty glass." The waiter spoke in a gentle Italian accent as he sat the glass on the table, his sudden appearance causing Tiana to give him a warm smile.

Elijah on the other hand just looked away taking another sip of his tea, he was so curious about the intricate workings of fairies and their world.

He was sure if his younger brother was awake right now, he would be in the same place he was, Kol had always been curious about other supernatural species.

"Thank you so much," Tiana thanked the man with a small smile, waiting for him to leave before she brought the glass closer and grabbed a knife out of her boot. "a fairy's blood is very potent and delicious to vampires such as yourself."

As she spoke the girl sat the glass directly in front of them, before she brought the sharp dagger to slice the center of her palm.

"What are yo-" Elijah attempted to ask at least that was until Tiana had begun to slice her palm, the moment the tender chocolate skin broke Elijah went silent.

He couldn't help but glance at the blood dropping into the glass and the open wound on her palm, he'd never smelt blood like this.

No matter the species, person, or place Elijah has most likely tried the blood of just about every type on the planet, every type except for Fairy Blood.

And he had read fairy blood was potent, but he hadn't expected it to be this intoxicating, it smelled so sweet yet rich kind of like caramel, vanilla, and maybe something musky.

It didn't smell anything like normal blood, it wasn't even a normal color, it was more like a maroon color rather than a blood red.

"As an Original, I trust you're able to resist it," Tiana spoke teasingly with a smirk on her face as she finished filling up the glass about a third way with her blood. "but I'm only half fairy, so my blood is a lot louder to vampires, so I try my best not to get hurt near vampires."

As she finished Tiana moved her hand away from the glass, the girl sitting her dagger on the table before she used the napkin to wipe up the excess blood on her hand.

The wound almost immediately closed a few seconds after she held the napkin to her hand, although as she cleaned off her hand she looked back up at Elijah.

It was blatantly written on his face just how much he was struggling from lashing out at her, this wouldn't be the first vampire to try it after they'd smelled her blood.

And it most likely wouldn't be the last.

"Any vampire with less control than you would have gone damn near feral by now,"  Tiana commented as she tilted her head, watching as Elijah attempted to fight the thirst. "I had to throw Damon threw a window when I cut my hand cooking once."

Despite Tiana looking the man straight in the face, his eyes never left the glass of warm maroon blood on the table, The Original reaching up and loosening his collar as he forced his true face down.

"Here," Tiana spoke with a small chuckle, watching him struggle was amusing as what was the point of hiding it if he knew he couldn't control it. "go ahead."

With that Tiana picked up the glass, quickly sitting it down right beside the empty plate in front of Elijah, it was only earlier when he'd denied getting food only choosing his tea.

Which was now sitting on the table slowly getting cold, whilst at Tiana's words Elijah's eyes shot up to hers faster than she thought possible.

The man still fighting the urge to grab the glass off the table and down all the contents, his eyes asking for reassurance instead of quickly grabbing the cup.

"Go ahead, I can't put it back in at this point." Tiana commented jokingly as she motioned for him to go on, she truly respected him for being able to hold out this long.

She'd heard of many vampires going crazy for the blood of a half-breed fairy, it was truly something to behold in the vampire world.

And at her reassurance, Elijah reached out as slow as he could trying to maintain the control he'd held for the last millennium.

Even as his hand shook when he gripped the glass, the man maintain a stoic face as if it wasn't affecting him as much as it was.

But it was the moment he tipped up the glass to take a sip, the moment the blood touched the tip of his tongue, his eyes partially rolling to the back of his head.

He was completely overwhelmed by how extraordinary it tasted.