𝟐 「 𝐀 - 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐘 」 𝟑

thirdpoint of viewat a cafe in venice, italy

third
point of view
at a cafe in venice, italy

𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐉𝐀𝐇 𝐅𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐌, Tiana wasn't truly worried instead fascinated, she wondered if an Original could withstand the call of her blood.

As a half-breed, her blood was more addictive than the most expensive drugs, sweeter than the sweetest piece of caramel, and rarer than the blood of any other creature.

She could visibly see the vampiric veins fighting their way to the surface as Elijah began to gulp down the blood, his Adam's apple bobbing quickly above his collar and tie.

The man drank until every last drop of her blood was gone from the glass, the man licking his lips for every last hint of blood they held, completely entranced by the taste.

Until he noticed Tiana look him over with amusement, or as he thought, disgust.

"Excuse me, I-" He attempted to apologize for his behavior, something that was very out of the ordinary for him, but Tiana simply waved him off.

"Don't worry about it," She spoke with a small chuckle as she leaned back in her chair, it was a learning moment for her if anything. "compared to Damon's first experience with my blood, you're doing fine."

It was good to know that the eloquent Original was able to withstand the call of her blood, hopefully, she wouldn't have to worry about any of his family trying to drain her either.

Younger vampires like Damon and Stefan struggled whenever she bled, which is how Damon ended up going through the window above their kitchen sink.

Stefan held a bit more regard, trying his best to escape the room, but whenever he came back it was obvious he had gone on an animal binge.

"So you've shared your blood with the oldest of the Salvatore Brothers?" Elijah asked curiously he hadn't expected her to be so lucrative with her blood, secretly he hoped he could be added to the list of drinkers.

"Just a little bit, I mix it in with regular blood though," Tiana shrugged absentmindedly, she didn't think sharing her blood was such a big deal, it had started as an accident. "to dilute it, keeps him from going all feral and trying to drain me."

Hearing her mention the way her blood brought out the vampiric fertility from within them, Elijah was curious about why she trusted him so much.

If he had gone feral he didn't know whether she could stop him on her own or not, he would hate to have exposed himself in brought daylight due to her blood.

"And how'd you know I wouldn't?" He asked curiously looking over Tiana's form, he didn't believe she could trust him so much, so quickly.

"I'd be disappointed if a man that's been alive as long as you couldn't resist a little blood." Tiana answered simply, it was due to the standard she'd already begun to hold him to.

He'd managed to live a thousand lives in his eternity, he was old and wise, and she truly believed that he was strong enough to fight a bloodlust that would enrapture those younger than him.

However before Elijah or Tiana could speak again, the sound of a cellphone going off caused Tiana to quickly grab her own out of her back purse.

"It seems like we've been in Venice a bit too long," She spoke as she looked over the front of her phone, before rolling her eyes and hitting the power button again as she made eye contact with Elijah. "it's Elena."

Having seen the girl rolling her eyes, Elijah once again grew curious, not understanding why someone as real and truthful as Tiana would continue to be friends with Elena.

Not against his own opinion of the young Gilbert woman, it just didn't seem like Tiana to still communicate with someone she deems so useless and annoying.

"May I ask, why you despise her so much," Elijah asked softly his curiosity not willing to hold back any longer, he hadn't seen a loathing this strong in years. "I'm not judging, but there must be quite the tale behind your hatred of her."

"I don't hate Elena," Tiana answered almost immediately willing to wave off the situation, if not for the pointed look Elijah had begun to send her. "okay I might not like Elena, but it's more on her side than mine."

Tiana corrected herself honestly holding up her hands, originally she had come in with no ill will towards Elena, she'd even attempted to be her friend once upon a time.

But at that time Elena didn't think she needed to be friends with Tiana she found it upon herself to go so far as to try and bully Tiana when they were younger.

"I tried to be her friend at first," Tiana continued to explain herself before scoffing and looking at Elijah seriously, the entirety of the problem started with Elena. "but what do I look like begging some plain jane to be friends with me, I got better things to do."

With that, she physically waved off both the situation and Elena, however the moment she did the waiter walked over the check in his hand.

"Let me-" Elijah spoke grabbing a hold of the bill before Tiana could, even ignoring the woman's outstretched hand as she had been more than willing to pay.

Although with the time period, Elijah had not only come from but the multitude of periods he'd gone through he'd been accustomed to being the perfect gentleman.

Hints the outfit as well.

"Are you sure, I can-" Tiana attempted to speak as she'd already begun reaching for her purse, however just as she interrupted him, Elijah interrupted her.

"No, this entire exchange has been lovely," Elijah interrupted her with a genuine smile on his face, not expecting to have such an exquisite conversation with one of the people trying to save Elena. "the least I can do is pay for our meal."

With that, he handed the waiter both the bills, which he'd slipped a crisp fifty-dollar bill inside before turning back towards Tiana.

"I see the gentlemanly attitude goes further than the posh suit," Tiana joked as she motioned to the suit he was currently wearing, although the suits did flatter him well. "you're a lot more than what the others think you are."

"Thank you," He smiled softly glade to know the sentiment was returned, before he sarcastically spoke out a joke for the first time in a long while. "I hope you can relay the message to your friends before they try and shove a dagger in my chest again."

"You just keep bringing that up don't you?" Tiana asked softly as this had been the third if not fourth time he'd brought up his forced slumber, which was something she'd do as well.

If she wasn't able to kill them, she'd never let them forget what they'd done to her if she was in his shoes.

"I enjoy seeing the look on your friends' faces when I bring it up," He answered honestly a small smile on his face as he revealed the truth, he often liked to make people feel guilty, it was the only way he learned to reason with his brother over all the years. "it's comical."

And hearing this, Tiana couldn't help but chuckle lightly as she thought it was a little funny too.