Chapter 13- nato, defcons and peace plans

AN: yes ik, this was supposed to be a chapter about meeting jenna's parents but i can't find a way to write it so i'll probably flashback to it)

It was your typical morning...until you got word of a last minute nato summit but you and Jenna had to plan your wedding so you decided you'd discuss it aboard airforce one but all that led to was a lot of frustration and annoyance

y/n: okay, what difference do the table covers make? It's traditional for them to be white!"

Jenna: I know but I think a light pink would look better!"

y/n: for fucks- okay ive let you decide the layout, seating and so many other things so im going to just go with white"

You note it down in your notebook dedicated to the wedding

Jenna: fine! What about guests? Can people bring a plus one or not?"

y/n: yes but the secret service might have a problem with that"

Jenna: well it's our wedding"

y/n: and it's their job to protect it, but you're right either way. How many people are attending?"

Jenna: well, all of our friends and family plus their friends so about thirty ish"

y/n: minus charles, he has to smooth over his fuck up in the un"

Jenna writes a few notes down before pushing the notebook off to the side after taking a long breath

Jenna: That's enough planning for today...what's a nato conference like?"

y/n: it's just an over glorified business meeting, boring, tedious and long...though this is an emergency meeting so who knows"

Jenna: emergency?"

y/n: the uk prime minister called it, it's probably tensions growing between nato and china, russia and north korea"

(what other stereotypical conflict would it be?)

*timeskip- conference*

It took about thirty minutes for all the nato leaders to arrive and get ready but once everyone was ready the english prime minister stood up

Prime minister wilson: Greetings everyone...i gathered us all here today to discuss the rising conflict with the russian and chinese...they have been increasing nuclear tests and their military has shown signs of mobilization for days now...i fear they are preparing for an invasion"

A few gasps and whispers echo throughout the room

Wilson: so i am proposing a preemptive invasion of russia and china"

Your eyes widen but the room goes dead quiet, everyone looks at each other as you stand up

y/n: prime minister, with all due respect, not a single shred of actional military intel justifies this, in fact it shows the exact opposite of an invasion, so far it just looks like they are securing their border, just like you and many other european countries are doing"

Wilson: mister president, may i ask what experience you have in this situation?"

y/n: absolutely none, but if you did any research on me or my family you'd know both my grandfather and father were four star generals, they taught me a great deal of military strategy before we went into construction and i am surrounded by people who have more military experience than you"

Wilson: i was a field marshal before i became prime minister"

y/n: one who was known to fail, afterall you planned a total of sixty operations, and out of those sixty only about ten were considered successful, you also had and still hold the highest casualty rating than any other general so forgive me if i don't support your invasion"