CHAPTER 4- state situations

AN: So this chapter is going to be based on something going on in New Mexico aka my home state so here's a basic rundown; the governor recently declared a health emergency bc of drugs and shit but after several shootings, she also used this emergency to suspend carrying guns in public while in the city of abq for the next thirty days but idrc about that as much as most ppl here my biggest concern is what she said: "no constitutional right in my view including my oath is intended to be absolute" 

In my opinion, no governor should be able to basically say "fuck the state constitution" and then be allowed to continue to hold the office 

Now, for this, it's not going to be exactly like what is going on bc well that's boring 

I'll stfu now and let y'all read, Please enjoy

=============================================

You were sitting in the Oval Office signing papers when your chief of staff Jackson Williams walked in 

Jackson: Sir, there's a situation in New Mexico that you should know about"

You set the pen down and close the file before looking up at the man 

y/n: What's going on?"

Jackson then hands you his phone that had a news article about the situation 

*in the press room*

Your press secretary Johnson looked at the crowd of reporters with their hands raised and pointed at one of them 

Johnson: Lisa"

Lisa: Does the president have a comment on the situation in New Mexico?"

Johnson: I'm afraid not but the news only broke out a few hours ago so give the president some time to research and form an opinion on the situation"

Just as Johnson finishes his sentence you walk in 

Johnson: Ladies and Gentlemen. the president of the United States"

They all stand as you step up to the podium 

y/n: Thank you, Secretary Johnson, Please be seated"

You then clear your throat before speaking 

y/n: Lisa, I just heard your question and I do have a statement for the entire ordeal...what Governor Plank is doing is a violation of his oath and the people's rights. what happened was terrible but this firearm carry suspension will not do anything to keep the citizens of New Mexico safe, The suspension only affects law-abiding citizens and not the criminals who are guilty...let me be crystal clear. my administration does not agree with the mandate and I am urging the New Mexico attorney general to move toward impeachment. I will take questions now"

Lisa: Mister President, are you concerned that the governor will enforce martial law because of the protests?" 

y/n: No I am not, Protesting is the right of every American so declaring martial law would be unjust and the military would not view it as a legitimate order. To add to this I am asking the citizens of New Mexico to remain peaceful....that's all for today, thank you"

You then walk out of your room and Jackson walks up to you

y/n: Get me the federal attorney general as well as the New Mexico attorney general"

The man nods and pulls out his phone as you make your way to the Oval Office, once inside you pick up the landline on your desk before dialing a number 

???: Mister president. How may I help you?"

y/n: Dad, I need you in the oval, asap"

d/n: On my way, I just got out of the peoc, Be there in a few"

y/n: thank you"

*time skip*

You were seated in your chair when your father walked in 

d/n: You wanted to see me, son?"

y/n: Yes, I need your opinion...you know about the situation in New Mexico right?"

d/n: Of course, that's why I was in the peoc, There's chatter of militias moving on the state capital"

y/n: That makes all of this more urgent...what do you think the governor's next play will be?"

d/n: knowing that tyrant? Planks probably planning on blocking his state from the United States"

y/n: And if he does that other democratic governors will follow in his footsteps"

d/n: Yeah, son. There's been a lot of libertarians boasting about civil war and normally that's just them trying to live a lie but if other states follow Plank then we will be on a civil war footing"

y/n: damn it. we need the other states to see they can't get away with taking away rights from the American people"

The attorney general then knocks before walking in 

AG: Mister president, your Chief of staff told me you wanted to see me?"

y/n: that's right. Please, take a seat"

The attorney general nods and sits down across from your father 

y/n: I know I need a legal reason to federalize the National Guard so if I believe Governor Plank will misuse the guard, does that give me the legal power to federalize"

AG: It...depends, if you can get a reliable source to validate your concern then yes"

d/n: Honestly mister president, the colonel in charge of the New Mexico garrison Is extremely conservative, He will most likely order his guardsmen to disregard the Governors order but he can probably give you your validation"

y/n: give him a call"

Right on cue, the phone on your desk rings so you lean forward and pick the phone up before holding the phone to your ear 

y/n: Attorney General Alan"

Alan: Mister president"

y/n: Attorney General, I want your honest opinion on the carry suspension ordeal"

Alan: Mister president. I agree with the Governor and I am telling you I will use the full powers of my office to ensure the Governor is protected"

You chuckle and shake your head 

y/n: Mister Alan. Are you sure you want to make an enemy of the most influential man on earth? because I am willing to ruin your political career if you protect the man stepping on the Constitution. so I suggest you reconsider your sides here"

Alan: I stand with my governor. Have a good day"

He then hangs up so you put the phone back and right around that time your father also hangs up his phone 

D/n: son. You have your cause for federalization, The governor spoke to the colonel about provoking the protesters into riots so Plank could evoke martial law"

y/n: Tate, get me that federalization form now" 

The attorney general opens his briefcase and pulls out a few forms before setting them on your desk, You grab a pen and sign the papers, Once done your dad hands you his phone that had the colonel on call 

y/n: colonel. I am ordering the federalization of your garrison. your orders are to provide an escort for the protesters all the way to the state capital. From there, you keep the peace"

Colonel: Yes sir mister President"

.

.

.

.

.

AN: Well, here's the first arc. hope you enjoyed 

Now, this was based on what actually going on right now but just remember most of this is a figment of my imagination so don't take it so seriously. 

hope you enjoyed

have a great day and night