CHAPTER 8- New Update

After returning to the White House Director Keoning meets you at the entrance with a file in hand so you let go of Jenna's hand before quickly kissing her forehead.

Y/n: Give me a minute.

Jenna: I'll be in the residence. 

You nod as she walks away along with her Secret Service escort.

Y/n: Director. 

Keoning: Sir. We know who's responsible for this attack. 

The man then hands you the file so you open it to find a picture of an army lieutenant and a transcript. 

"On February twenty-first, twenty twenty-four I orchestrated the most devastating attack in American history. I did this to give the politicians in DC a taste of our medicine...For decades we've been bombing our enemies not caring about the innocent civilians that get slaughtered in the process...These attacks will continue until the US military takes responsibility for everything we've destroyed. 

Y/n: Who is this?

Keoning: Retired army lieutenant Jason Riely. He was a black hawk door gunner. 

Y/n: Why does that sound familiar?

Keoning: He was accused of committing war crimes a few years back. He disappeared before being court martialed or even questioned. 

You flip through the file and find his service record.

Y/n: Countless commendations and decorations...Including the naval cross. 

Keoning: We should continue this conversation in the situation room. Reily's co is waiting for us. 

Y/n: Let's go. 

You then lead the man to the situation room within the west wing, after entering the main conference room the army captain stands to attention before saluting you.

You salute him back before telling him to sit. 

Keoning sits to your right as the captain sits to your left.

Keoning: Captain Augustin, How long did you serve with First Lieutenant Jason Reily?

Augustin: About eleven years. 

Keoning: What can you tell us about him?

Augustin: Well...He was loyal, dedicated, and followed orders without question, I wished there were ten just like him. 

Y/n: Did he harbor any resentment toward the government?

Augustin nods slightly before leaning forward. 

Augustin: Not much but yes...His family is very anti-government and once he enlisted, they disowned him. Jason told me he directly blamed the government for the falling out. 

Keoning: How did you react to the accusations against Reily? 

Augustin: I never believed them. Jason would never do anything like that.

Keoning nods and looks at you. 

Keoning: That's all I need. 

Y/n: Same here.

keoning: Let me know if you hear from him. 

Keoning then hands Augustin a business card. The captain takes it and nods before he's escorted out. 

Keoning: Mister President, there's something you should know...The accusations against Reily were true. 

Y/n: How do you know?