CHAPTER 6- The Attack

You sit silently in the Oval Office going over a variety of bills, some reasonable some outrageous but you look up when you see Jenna enter with two plates.

You look at her with confusion as she sets the two plates on the table in front of your desk.

Jenna: I brought lunch for the two of us, If you're not busy of course. 

Y/n: I am but I could always use a break.

She smiles and sits down as you get up and take a seat on the couch in front of her, on your plate is a simple club sandwich with some fires and your F/d. Jenna had the same. 

Y/n: So, Is there a reason you brought lunch?

Jenna: I just wanted to have lunch with you...We've both been really busy lately.

Y/n: We are both very dedicated to what we do.

You take a bite out of your sandwich before chewing.

Jenna: Yeah but we're seeing each other less because of it.

You swallow and nod. 

Y/n: I know...Maybe we could both go to Camp David for a month or two.

Jenna smiles at you and nods.

Jenna: I'd like that.

You reach across the table and grab her hand as you two smile at each other but suddenly a loud boom echos out and the White House shakes violently. You swiftly move to Jenna's side as Mike and the other Secret Service agents barge into the room. 

Without uttering a word Mike grabs you and Jenna and rushes the two of you out of the room and toward the PEOC bunker. 

Y/n: What the hell is going on?!

Mike: The treasury and Lincoln Memorial have been bombed. 

Your eyes grow wide and you stumble to find words.

Y/n: How the hell is that possible?

Mike only shrugs as he leads you and Jenna into the PEOC elevator before bringing his wrist up to his mouth 

Mike: <Patriot and Lady Bug are entering the PEOC>

The man then pulls a lever switch down and the elevator starts its descent. after a couple of minutes, it comes to a stop and jolts so Mike opens the gate blocking you in and marines dressed in their iconic dress blues open large concrete blase doors for you but after getting to the final door you see a palm, retina and fingerprint scanner.

After having everything scanned the bulky doors open and you finally enter the command center. So far it's only you, the Secret Service, and Jenna. in the room 

Y/n: Where are my parents?

Mike: Your father is at the Pentagon and your mother is sheltered in place at Quarters Six.

Y/n: Thank god.

You then Hug Jenna as you try to calm her down and comfort her. 

Mike: Sir... I need to speak with you.

Y/n: It can wait-

Jenna: No...It's fine.

You sigh and pull away before following Mike to the other side of the room

Mike: There have been two more attacks, Andrews Air Force Base and the Supreme Court building.

Y/n: How the hell does any of this even fucking happen?

Mike only shrugs 

You then storm toward your seat at the table 

Y/n: Someone get the Chairman of Joint Chiefs, the CIA, and Homeland on this screen now!

(remember I'm using the PEOC from Designated Survivor)

The men and women in the upper observation room behind you nod and start dialing numbers, Your cabinet then enters the room

Your father, Directors Koening and Vernal then appear on the screen, You take your seat and look at them through the screen.

Y/n: What do we know?

Koening (CIA director): Not much, so far nobody has taken responsibility for the attack. 

F/n: No one wants that death sentence. 

Vernal: But we do have a suspect, "Serpens Ruber" .. It's Latin for Red Snake. They sent multiple threats in an old chat room three years after Nine-Eleven. This sent a red flag and they made it on a watch list but nothing ever happened. These attacks have been the same as those threats.

Y/n: Are there any more targets?

Vernal: Yes, The White House itself but the likeliness of that happening is practically zero.

SECDEF. Abrams: Regardless we are securing the White House. If there is a bomb we will find it. 

Koening: Serpens Ruber has been connected to other bombings in the past, including the Unabomber, the Big Ben bombing, and the Italy NATO summit bombing just last year. 

Y/n: Meaning this is right up their alley...Fucking hell. As of right now, I want the CIA to focus on this group.

Director Keoning nods. 

Y/n: Is that all?

Keoning/Vernal/F'n: Yes sir Mister President.

Y/n: Alright. Keep me updated. 

Everyone nods one last time before hanging up. You then hunch forward before taking a long sharp breath as you run your hands down your face.

Several hours pass by as you sit in your chair lost in thought, but eventually, you are snapped out of it by the sound of Jenna's voice.

Jenna: Y/n?

Y/n: huh?

You then look up and see Jenna looking at you with concern.

Jenna: You okay?

Y/n: Nope but I can handle it. 

Jenna looks at you unsure about what you told her but she only sighs and places her hand on your shoulder. 

You smile up at her before laying your hand on top of hers.

.

.

.

.

.

.

AN: Alright. I know I said I wasn't going to write this anymore but I changed my mind, I'm still not a fan of RPF.  and ik the ending is a little awkward so I might change it later alongside a few other things just to improve pacing and whatnot. Regardless, have a good day and night