Chapter Nine

So anyone that read my last book knows that chapter 10 was someone else's P.O.V. So for this I'll do Laurel's parents and Rodrego.

Sorry for the late updates from before I just wasn't inspired but due to recent events I have been more inclined to write so here we go...

LAUREL'S PARENT'S SIDE 3RD PERSON P.O.V.

"Laurel don't you dare." Louis, her father yelled as he watched her retreating form. He smiled at this knowing that the whole scenario worked.

"Louis, I don't like doing this to her." Isabell, her mother, said grabbing his arm seemingly uncomfortable wih everything.

Mario's wife, Catherine put her hand on Isabell's shoulder to comfort her. The quartet had been together since Isabell came from a Spanish group for a deal. Their young and fresh selves were now older. Greying hairs, wrinkles around the eyes, scratchier voices, even eyes of wisdom according to the younger mobsters.

Nodding her head Isabell took a deep breath knowing what it was like to go though the same thing. For a female child (that's the oldest and either an only child or only has younger sisters) of a mafia leader life is tough. When you come of age and has shown worthiness you go though a test to survive a total of sixty-one days on the streets.

Isabell had done this and in doing so met her husband and friends. She was often jealous of Catherine because of her closeness to Louis. Smiling at the memory she walked out the building wih her dear husband Louis.

Catherine on the other hand was always stuck between Louis and Mario, never knowing who she liked more. When Isabell came her mind was made up; she would then and hence forth be Louis' second choice, not his one and only. Only one person would be with her truthfully and that was Mario.

Looking at her son she felt relieved about her choice in husband. Mario too looked at his son who would take over sometime in the next two years.

The two couples always hoped that their children would be close but Laurel was always something else. Rodrego would always try to flirt with her like he did other mafia girls but nothing seemed to sway her in the slightest.

Rodrego though had his own secrets. For the past four months he had been dating a girl in the Aquilla group known as Sofia. He met her once at a meeting and since then they've been talking.

This was the first girl that he ever struggled to get his pick up lines out for. He often stuttered or would always say an -um- or -uh- in the middle of a sentence.

Of course his parents had no idea about the on going relationship or the future the two secretly wished to have together. Just as the children didn't know their parents entire love story.

Walking out the building they walking past the unconscious guards knowing exactly who did it to the poor men. 'That's the Laurel I know.' They each thought smiling as they left the promised money in the pocket of the jackets.

Rodrego's P.O.V. THAT NIGHT

After all the drama in the mourning I snuck out the house and climbed down. After safely making it down I walked around town making it to a restaurant that was quite fancy to see my beautiful girlfriend waiting for me already.

I snuck up behind her and gave her a surprise kiss on the cheek. She jerked in surprise dropping her menu but regained composure almost immediately. "Hello love." She said as she picked her menu back up.

"Am I late?" I asked as I sat across from her. "No not at all I was just early." She replied as the waiter came by with some red wine and poured us some glasses. "Thank you." I said after he looked at my woman too long. It doesn't take ten seconds to look at a person if you're just getting drinks.

He seemed to take the hint and walked off. After looking over the menu and ordering Sofia and I began talking about whatever laughing the night away.

"Hey!" She said remembering something as she took out her phone. "What?" I asked leaning in closer. "Sorry, I just remembered that I put a microchip on Laurel's gun so we can keep an eye on her." Replying she showed me her phone that had a blinking red dot that I figured was Laurel.

Looking closer at the locationI gasped. "Sofia! She's in the Ruso group district!" I whisper yelled causing her to look at her phone closer. With wide eyes she lost all color in her face.

We sat in silence for a few minutes even after I payed the check. "Sofia go home and rest. She'll be fine. I'll go check on her, ok?" I asked her and she nodded her head. Standing up she kissed my cheek and walked away.

I followed soon after making my way through town until I found their head quarters. I was surprised by how tight security was but managed to get through and look through a window.

Inside was a gloomy room that had multiple men sitting at a table and Laurel eating quietly with them. Sighing in relief at knowing she was safe I walked off avoiding people on night duty and walked back home.

As long as she's safe.