Chapter Twenty-Two

I rushed around my room making sure I had everyhing I needed. Gun, check. Hat, check. Extra hair bands, check. After a good few minutes of double, probably triple checking, I ran out of my room and through the hallways. Other mafia people might sneer and laugh behind me but I couldn't honestly care less.

I was surprised to see females walking around with papers and doing guard duty. Back home women weren't allowed to work unless they were directly related to the higher ups like Sofia and me.

As soon as I got to the living area I settled down into the couch. I was surprised to see that no one was in here yet. The television was off for once and everything seemed peaceful. I swear to God. If they-

"Looky here. Someone's early." I smiled up at the owner of the voice. Zachary sat next to me on the couch silently and played with my hair. "Whatcha doin?" I asked as he twirled it in his hands. "Playing wih your hair." He replied as he continued to twirl it around his finger.

"It's really soft." I nodded my head being carefully to not have it tug. We stayed there for a while before he finally untwirled it. In doing so it kept a bit of the curl in it, but most of it disappeared.

His hand then traveled down to my cheek caressing it softly, as if handling the most exquisite thing in the world. "So is your cheek." He stated scooting ever so closely to me. He rested his chin on my shoulder and took in a deep intake of my scent. "You also smell good." He mumbled against my ear making me blush a bright red. I would've been fine if he didn't start nibling on my ear.

The sudden affection made me squeak a bit before biting my lip to keep in my moans. It was weird. It both hurt and felt good at the same time. He soon moved to kiss down my neck. At one point he kissed a spot that made a shiver go up my spine. Smiling against my neck, he quickly sucked on the area leaving a purple, red, and brown spot there.

"Hey boss we're ready to go." As soon as Tom entered the room Zachary was already on the other end of the couch. It looked as if nothing had ever happened.

I turned to Tom my cheeks still aflame with the thoughts of what just happened. He gave me a knowing look and called the others in. "Looks like we disturbed boss doin the dirty dirty." They each let out a chuckle except for Sam, who seemed suddenly shy and embarrassed.

"I-I don't know what you're t-talking about!" Stupid stuttering! I curse the day that you were... invented? "Mmhmmm." Tom said walking forward and opening the door while unlocking their car with his keys. "That explains the hickey on your neck." He quickly walked out before I could charge at him.

"Grrr." I let out a growl as Zachary held me back. "Calm down. He was just kidding." I still atempted to get away but Zachary was too strong and easily pulled me back into his lap. He held me down until I was calm before loosening his grip. By that point everyone else had already left the room. I took a deep breath and leaned back relaxing and calming myself down.

His chest rose and fell against my chest as his heartbeat intermingled with mine. "Are you calm now?" He whispered in my ear sending a chill through my body. "Yes." I meekly replied as he began to let me go completely. I stood up immediately missing the warmth that once enveloped me.

"Come on." Standing up he grabbed my hand and tugged me forward gently, leading me out the door and into the same car from last time. "Off we go?" I asked as he opened the door for me. "Yep." He replied sternly, with a hint of amusement in his voice.

I buckled up and waited for him to get in. When he did, finally, he buckled himself and put the keys in as the car came to life. Before I knew it we were off. We sat in silence as he drove and I gazed out at the trees that were going by us.