Chapter Twenty-Five: Finale

Laurel's P.O.V

I sat on my bed and ate the ice cream too tired to decipher what he meant.

Kidnapped? Who kidnapped me? I mean I think we all know that Zachary didn't. Maybe he was misinformed?

~~Time Skip~~

I was finally allowed to rejoin the group and exit my room without breaking down into tears.

It took some time considering the situation, but at least I can look people in the face now.

"Laurel? Why are you standing so far back?" My father asked as we were walking to the car.

"I've always walked this far back, ever since-"

"Well don't. I think that rule is stupid." He cut me off and smiled as he opened his arms wide.

"No daughter of mine should ever stand so far back." I smiled and walked up to him and accepted a hug-something I haven't received since I was with the Ruso group.

I -like usual- held back tears at the thought and buried my head into his suit's jacket, enjoying the familiar smell of his colonge.

"Better?" he asked rubbing my back softly.

"Better." I responded backing away to give him space.

"Good. Now I'd feel better if you'd smile." He whispered in my ear before walking again.

If only it didn't hurt to smile, then maybe I would.

We got into the car and sat quietly, I at least enjoyed the silence.

As the drive continued I watched buildings and plants in a blur as the colors meshed together from the top speed we were going.

"We're here." The driver said as we slowly came to a stop.

With a small thank you we exited the vehicle and began our walk into an alleyway.

And for once I wasn't in the back or behind anyone, I was right up front with my parents.

The gloomy brick buildings were matching my mood, contrasting with the bright blue sky with clouds that seemed to be mocking my sadness.

"Hey, Laurel?" I turned to see Sofia walked up to me and watched as she motioned for me to stay quiet.

"Yeah?" She smiled before leaning into my ear.

"Just know that I did this because I love you." She stated before rubbing my shoulder and walking off.

We waited for a few mintes when figures came into myline of sight. Once I got a closer look I gasped before turning away.

"Mr. Ruso, we meet again. Now why did you call us here?" My father said ignoring me as I bit my lip to stop the tears.

"Yes, you see we have a problem here..." His voice made the little bit left if my heart shatter. I slowly began to walk away before the dam broke causing an entire episode of sadness again.