Chapter Thirteen

Once I snapped out of my thoughts I realized that we somehow managed to get even closer together. I felt my face turn a bright crimson color before I leaned to the right away from him.

Casting a glance over it seemed as if Zachary didn't noticed, in fact he seemed to look as if he was concentrating on something.

Before I could think anything else of it he grabbed my hand and started to jog off. "What are you-" I began to ask before he shook his head telling me to be quiet.

Before I knew it we jogged off towards the Trevi Fountain, otherwise known by tourist as the Fountain of Love.

When we finally slowed down he sound of footsteps sounded behind us. "Follow my lead." He said as he pulled out his phone. Crap that's the new Samsung Edge!

It started to play a slow song as he put his phone in the chest pocket of his jacket. He grabbed me around the waist with one hand and with the other he grabbed my right hand.

I was frozen stiff, I didn't know what to do. "What? You don't know how to dance?" He asked when I didn't move an inch.

Blushing I looked down at the ground as the pounding footsteps got even louder, even closer. Sighing he put one of my hands on his arm and re- grasped my other hand with his own.

He took a step and I followed. We soon began to sway to the music. The footsteps began to slow, stop, then run a different way.

I sighed in relief and tried to turn away but hands around my waist stopped me from doing so. "They're gone you know." I knew by the worry in his face from earlier that those were some cops that are probably on his case.

"Oh, I know." He said as he tugged me closer to him. I gasped a little in surprise but quickly regained posture. "Then you can let me go." I spoke as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Not until you've the greatest dancer in Italy." He said as he twirled me around then back to him. "Can't we do this another time? You don't have to act like this when your parents aren't around."

Nodding his head at my point he still didn't let go. We danced a little longer until the song ended. Sighing he let me go with a pouty face. "Dang it. I was having fun messing with you."

I playfully punched hus arm earning a chuckle from him. "Can we go back now it's late." I said looking at his watch to see it was almost midnight. "Fine. If it makes you happy we can go back." He said as he held out his arm.

"Not happening." I told him with a glare. "Fine, I'll allow the drunk men to grab you into an alley way when I'm not looking." He began to walk off as all the color drained from my face.

Turning to face me he held his arm out once more. "Last chance." He said singy-songy giving me an almost pleading look.

I let out an overly exaggerated sigh as I walked up and wrapped my arm around his. He took his jacket back with the other hand and we began walking while he whistled a merry little tune I hardly recognized.

We walked for a while, maybe an hour, before we made it to the head quarters. My feet were screaming at me to sit down even if I was carrying my heels in my hands.

Walking in using the back entrance we went straight into the living area. The lights were out so I anticipated that everyone was either out on business or asleep.

We entered the area and he drapped his jacket on a table as I began to walk to my new room. Because if his parents being here it might be weird to see me sleeping on the sofa.

After a few steps the lights flicked on making me squint my eyes to see Nate, Thomas, and Masoch on the couch, Chris on the chair, and Tom who flicked the lights on.

"What the- Why would you do that!? My eyes hurt now!" I shouted at him getting ready to throw one of my heels. "Sorry Miss, but we'll be asking the questions here." Thomas said shyly but just enough for him to sound like a cop.

"What did I do now?" I asked unsure of what to say. "It has come to our attention hat tou two were out make later that Mr. and Mrs. Ruso." Masoch said sounding like a professional interrogater.

"Yes we went on a walk and some cops spotted us so we ran out further from base, is there a problem with that?" Zachary said as he looked at each if the men.

"No, it's just unusual for you boss." Chris said in his usual calm demener. Everyone else nodded and with one swift look from the both of us sent them digging their own graves.

"We didn't mean anything bad or negative, we were just worried." Nate said seemingly uninterested with the whole thing. "Anyway... I'm tired so, good night!" I said exiting the room leaving all the boys alone.

I walked down the cold hallway bare foot and opened the door. My thoughts from earlier came to mind and I couldn't help but wonder who this ex-chef-ex-girlfriend-who-didn't-dodge-a-bullet woman was.

It confused me but at the same time made me wonder what her buisness was here. She and Zachary must've been pretty serious if she was staying here AND his mother at least knew her.

The whole ordeal seems so out of this world. I've never heard a mafia daughter dating someone so seriously, much less a mafia leader. Then again Mrs. Ruso wasn't raised mafia so I guess they don't follow the rules.

After changing into some night wear I went to bed with my thoughts on turbo mode, as you could imagine it took me forever to get to sleep.