Chapter Fourteen

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on the door. I groaned refusing to open my eyes much less to get up. "M-miss?" A frightened Sam entered to room as tense as I've ever seen him.

The way he looked so scared reminded me of one of the younglings. Younglings is what Sofia and I would call the children that were born from mafia people, but younger than us. They used to be so afraid of me, especially since I was destined to be their leader one day, whether they liked it or not.

That's one thing you should know about the mafia, if you're born into them, you have no choice but to join. Some people just join for the heck of it or just 'cause, but most people are forced to join.

Growing up we would be separated by age into classrooms where teachers would come in and handle classes. We all took advanced classes until we came to the high school age, by that point we were considered responsible enough and would start attending missions and what not.

Don't get me wrong, I was usually separated from everyone else by this point. Mafia's don't just have one group of people that go out and get their money. Depending on the group there are hackers, hit men, money searchers, deal makers, and most importantly the elites.

The Elites could take care of whatever section they wanted. They are the most high ranking, and usually deal with the people who don't pay up.

I sat up and death glared Sam. "Do you want another red mark on your face?" I asked annoyed. I hated being like this but I'm not a morning person. "N-no, I was told to wake you up."

I looked at the poor innocent boy in front of me. I felt bad that he had to be the one to wake me up, why do they always send him to do the dirty work?

"I'll be out in a minute." I said as I began to get out of bed. He seemed to have zoned out as he glanced around the room. Clearing my throat he looked at me with sad, almost puppy like eyes.

"Sorry. I'll be... elsewhere." He said quietly leaving the room with his head down. My eyebrows drew together in confusion. Did I say something wrong?

Shrugging it off I got out of bed and got dressed. My usual jeans and a T-shirt was starting to get annoying but at least I had clothes to change into.

Exiting the room after I showered, dried, and brushed my hair and teeth, I walked down the hallways and made my way to the living areas. Arriving in there the sweet smell of food greeted me. Wait... who the hell cooked?

Walking with confusion written all over my face I went straight to the kitchen. Entering I was surprised to see Zachary of all people dressed with a muscle shirt and jeans and an apron standing in front of the stove with what looked like an omelet frying.

Now was a time I wished that I had a phone to take a picture. "Liking the view?" He asked sarcastically as he shifted his gaze towards me. "Not really." I couldn't help the snarky comment from slipping out. He gave me a look that was screaming OH REALLY?

"Mm Hmm." He hummed walking towards me. "Yep." I said backing away from him. He quirked an eyebrow taking another step towards me. "Whatcha doing there... walking towards me like that?"

Simply shrugging his shoulders he took another step. "Thought that I'd go for a little stroll in this direction." I continued backing up until my back hit a counter. Having little to no time to move I tried turning for the door.

Just as I took a step I was cornered by two arms. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked as I bit my lip. "Nowhere just hanging out with my friend the counter." As I said that I turned and faced the counter top. "Hey there! I haven't seen you in the longest how's it been my friend?"