Chapter Nineteen

Omg, I made it to twenty!!! OMFG I DID IT!!! IN YOUR FACE SIRI!!! Long story short back in May I used a friends IPhone and asked if I would make it this far, it told me no. I was like 'What the Fu...nny'. So HERE. IT. IS.

《~》《~》《~》《~》《~》《~》《~》《~》《~》《~》《~》

SOFIA'S P.O.V.

For some reason the Aquilla and Rodriguez groups were meeting up. I found it strange but didn't argue nonetheless. I'd rather not deal with boss yelling at me.

As we exited the house and entered our cars I checked the tracking device that was on Laurel's gun. Strange. She hasn't changed coordinates in the past few days. I brushed off any negative thoughts and watched different people as we passed by.

Funny how everyone is sooo differet yet we make up the world. It's almost as if everything and eveyone is innocent, but in reality we all have crimes. Whether it be self crimes like broken promises, or real crimes. Everyone has a story,

"Miss Sofia. We have arrived." My driver, a low ranking mobster called out from the front. "Thanks." Stepping out I immediately saw my man standing by his parents. As soon as he noticed my gaze he sent me a small smile which I sent back.

"Sofia." Daddy called me over to my spot by him. I took it and set my gaze on the meeting. This meeting gets stanger and stranger. Usually we meet other groups underground or in private buildings, not out in the open.

"If Laurel fails to get a man within the time she has, she will be forced to marry Rodrego." That one statement sent me over the edge. "Any objections?" Boss looked around. I couldn't do anything. He intimidated me sure, but I know what he does to those who don't agree to him.

"Yes. I object." Rodrego stepped up and in the middle of it all. Boss looked at him strangely aling wih his own parents. "Why is that?"

The next thing I knew an argument starts all I hear though is, "Because, I really like her, no...I love her." That was enough to set my heart fast pace and my breathing to become faint. "Sofia! I saw more potential in you, but this! This is madness!" He looked at at me sternly with anger flaring in his eyes.

"You're right this is madness. You wanted Laurel to date him, as if she would, so I would be the second best choice." It was true. All he ever dreamed of was his daughter and Rodrego dating, binding the two groups together, but she could care less about the blooming idiot. He growled pulling out his gun and pointing it at us.

"Louis, put the gun down." Mr. Rodriguez said pulling out his own gun. "Boss, did you ever think about your daughter?" I asked without thinking. "What do you mean?" He asked wih his gun still up.

"Every time you tried to match her with some guy did you have her in your mind, her feelings, her heart, or did you have the group in mind?" I started this, so I can't end it here. "Don't question my parenting." He growled out at me slowly putting his gun down.

"I will, you know I'm just as good as her, especially as the soon to be second in command, and I was raised with kindness, with warm embraces, and look at me! Look at her! When was the last time you hugged her!?" He looked down with a little shame. "The last time I hugged her was ten years ago on April seventeenth, at five thirty p.m." He responded hoarsely, almost sadly.

"Yet she still stuck around. She had so many chances to run. So many chances to be away, to be loved. She never ran because she didn't want you to see her as weak. She just wanted to prove herself."

He let out a long sigh before turning away. "Meeting over. Go with them Sofia." With that he walked away followed by everyone else. I felt strong arms wrap themselves around me and looked up.

"Guess I'm gonna need a bigger bed now."

"You perverted idiot. I'm not sleeping with you." He sighed and patted my head. "Yeah, but I'm your perverted idiot." I smiled at him and nodded. "True, you are MY perverted idiot, remember that to. You said that big three word statment. Now your really stuck with me." He gave me a small smile. "Dang it." He turned away and walked off just like that.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I followed after the chuckling man who pretty much either ignored me, or sent jabs right back at me. I guess that was our relationship, sweet and sour. Can't have one without the other.

Louis's P.O.V.

She was right. Her entire life I thought that being mean, and toughing her up was all that mattered. That making her cold would be better for her. I never realized that I was hurting her in the proccess.

"Honey." I looked to my wife as she gave me a small comforting smile. "I failed." Was all I said before I stepped out and entered headquarters. Nothing else needed to be said. I failed the mission that my dad gave me before he died.

"Don't be a screw up father like me. I wasn't there. Heck, I was barely ever there. I wasn't there for your birth, first steps, first day of training, learning how to shoot and how to drive. I never got to show you the easy way to handle things. How to get a woman. I wasn't there for any birthdays or Christmases. No Easters no nothing. I was only there a few times when you needed help, now look at me. Be a real man, stick with one woman, your woman, and be there unlike me. My boy. I wish I could call you that. I can hardly say that, even if... you were... my creation with your... mother."

I remember that day like it was yesterday. The day my dad WAS there. He never stuck with one woman. Mom got tired and got him to leave when she was pregnant with me. He didn't get money or anything. Just a suitcase filled with his clothes and the shoes on his feet.

After that he showed up a couple random times a year sometimes claiming he wanted to see me, pretended to care, then asked for money. Sometimes he wouldn't even see me, just brought in some woman and wanted to impress her.

I was really always there for Laurel; when I could be. I didn't think she needed me. I thought she was strong. When I thought I lost her when she was three I almost has a heart attack. I bet she does remember the song we would sing when it was just us.

She must hate me. All the men I would send her way. I don't think I payed attention to age or life goals, I just made sure to keep them coming. I never thought of her best interest.

When she was five she fell off her bike. I got to her from the gazebo across the yard faster than her mother who was ten feet away. She cried and cried until I promised her that I would personally get her fixed up. I did, with a rainbow bandage and all.

When she was fourteen and started to follow us about, I couldn't help but be cold. Show her the real world, our world. She had a weakness, pity. It just takes a little ounce if pity and hesitation for someone to be overpowered. Like when she was sixteen. I bet she thought that our hitmen or our sharpshooters took that man out. I did. I didn't hesitate. Even if I would miss and accidentally hurt her.

I never let her out in the world. I hid her from it. Until now, she's somewhere out there in Italy, living life. To be honest I can't tell where she is without Sofia. That was part of the reason that I sent her away was because I didn't want to shorten the sixty one day period.

With that I locked myself away in my office. With only my thoughts to occupy me.