Paperwork for Dinner

3rd pov:

"We're going live in..." I said, "3, 2, 1, ACTION!"

  "The regular please," Germany said at the counter of his favorite coffee shop, "You got it," Norway chuckled and turned to the back, "One cup of Latte," he yelled, "Comin' right up,"  an employee called out from the back as he brewed a pot of coffee, "Thank you," the German said politely and sat on his spot as he waited for his order.

{5 minutes later}

  "Thank you," Germany said as Norway placed the cup on the table, Germany stirred his coffee and sipped it when something or rather someone caught his eye. Then he felt a deep sharp pang on his chest as memories flashed through his head and tears ran down his face, he massaged his forehead to get himself together, "That was in the past," he mumbled to himself and continued to drink his latte to soothe him.

  "Thanks again!" Germany said as he walked out, he went to work in EU's company building. "Good morning, sir," he greeted the EU as he walked past him, "Good morning to you too, Germany. Please remind me of a meeting at 3:30 p.m." he replied to him, "Sure," Germany replied and went to his office.

Germany pov:

  I went out of my office to remind EU about a meeting, "Don't forget about the meeting, sir," I said to him, "Oh, yes. Thank you Germany," he thanked me. I then went into my office when there was a knock on the door, "Come in," I said, the door opened and Russia came in, "Привет, Germany!" He greeted in his thick Russian accent, "Guten tag too, Ruski. What are you here for?" I asked as he took a seat on one of the chairs in front of me, "I'm here because I wanted to invite you to party at my place, next week," the Russian explained, "Why didn't you just text me?" I asked, "Who said I know where my phone is?" he said with a giggle, I just chuckled and went back to work as Russia back out.

  Then Italy arrived with 4 more stacks of paperwork, "Das wird die ganze Nacht dauern! (This will take all night!)" I exclaimed in shock, "Buona fortuna a te (I believe in you,) Germany," he said as he exited the room in a rush to deliver more stacks of documents. I sighed deeply and continued to work on the paperwork, my hands hurt already to be honest.

{11:45 p.m.}

  "Finally I got all this paperwork done," I said relived and I started packing my things to go home, I was in the lobby on the first floor when I was stopped by Italy with one more stack of paperwork, "terribly sorry, there was a follow-up stack. I didn't notice, it's my fau-" he tried to apologize but I cut him off, "It's fine. I'll take this with me," I said as I grabbed it and headed to the coffee shop to do it. I was sitting at my usual spot, eating a slice of bread and drinking my coffee to keep me awake as I did my work. Then I heard a familiar voice that I haven't heard for a long time. "Cześć Niemcy! It's been a while," Poland greeted in a cheerful voice as he spread his wings, "Y-yes i-it h-h-has," I stuttered and tried not to make eye contact.

Poland pov:

  I went into Norway's café before going home from Denmark's when I saw someone familiar, it was Germany. Although he hurt me in the past, I still forgive him but I still feel some anger deep inside of me. But I still decided to go up to him, "Cześć Niemcy! It's been a while," I said to him in a cheerful voice as I spread my wings, "Y-yes i-it h-h-has," he stuttered as he avoided eye contact with me. I wondered why but I just let it go and just act natural, "You're still not mad at me are you?" Germany asked, "Mad? No! I have forgiven you a long time ago. We're now Gucci," I said casually, "Really? After all my Father did?" He asked in surprise, "Mhm! Now show me a big smile!" I said in a joyful way as I fluttered my wings in effort to cheer Germany up. Besides, I'm sure he also feels guilty inside so why not we let it all slide? Germany smiled but an obviously fake one, I giggled and so did Germany, I saw a stack of paperwork next to him and decided that I should help him, I bet he worked his back off for today, "Let me help you," I said as I picked up a pen from him, "There's no need to he-" I cut him off before he could finish.

  "So how can I help?" I asked prepared as I finally folded my wings, he sighed and said "Ok, if you say so. You need to stamp these papers and put them into the 'in' folder," he instructed, then I got to work. I did my role until we finished, "Thank you so much for helping me out," he said finally making eye contact, "No problem! Besides you worked your back off today," I replied, he nodded and yawned then he collapsed on the table and fell asleep, after all, it's past 12 in the morning. I asked the employees if they know where he lived, they told me and one of them helped me load him into the car, I drove off to his address and left him in the sofa because it takes a lot of effort to carry a person to be honest. Then I started my 2 hour journey home, I collapsed on my bed and started to sleep like a log.

     •

     •

     •

     •

     •