East & West

• please don't take any offense here

Germany POV:

I walked into EU's office for some questions. -(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)ᵏⁿᵒᶜᵏ ᵏⁿᵒᶜᵏ-, I waited until I heard a "Come in!" from EU. He gazed at me with kind-looking eyes, "Sir, may I ask a question?" I invoked in a low volume, "Sure! What is it?" he smiled, "Well, I've heard of some..." I said, "Reported cases of missing people.". "Oh that?" he retorted, "I've left those to someone else,".

   I left the room with a nervous chuckle and a quick exit. I strolled by Poland's office, he got a glimpse of me then he pretended to be asleep, he didn't want to see me.

I wish he would stop avoiding me. I went to my office and looked at a photo of me... And... My...FAMILY...

Germany 1949:

It was the day
East is leaving
My Vather was giving him to his 'friend' for a training session
He kept me because he needed money for the war and I was good at finance
"East?" I gasped
He was packed up and his eyes were filled with sadness
I...don't...want...him leaving...
"Don't leave me, East," I sniffed as I looked at him with tears
"I'll see you again, West, I promise," he said and pulled me in for a hug
"I'll miss you," I said, hiccuping because I was crying
I hugged him back tightly as ever
He got into an automobile with USSR and that was the last time I saw him alive

{10 years later}

"EAST!" I yelled as I ran to his bruised, weak body
I can't believe USSR just threw that 24-year-old on the floor!
"Take your corpse," he snarled, "he's no use to me anymore."
I can't feel any life signs
I shook him hard
"EAST!"
No answer...
"EAST!" I yelled again
I was sobbing
There's no way he's dead
No
A few minutes passed, no hope
"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SON?!," Vather yelled
I went to the backyard to get a shovel
I carried him to the graveyard with my arms and the shovel on my back
I slowly walked to a clear space in the graveyard to bury him
With every strike of my shovel brings back memories
Painful and happy ones
He makes me cry, makes me smile
He was my dear twin brother
East Germany...
He was the only one who understood me
He is always so...so stoic and kind
But he was treated so harshly by USSR, what did he do to deserve that?
USSR, that F*¢&^#%-A$$h0/3!
Hope that nincompoop dies

Vather was in his room, getting drunk
I won't get angry at him really
It's because he is sad
I've never seen him cry before
Then I heard a gunshot
I peeked into his room after I buried East
There was blood spilling from the corpse
I saw Vather on the ground dead with 3 bottles empty and one more in his hand
In his other hand was a Luger
I gasped in horror

Germany (present) POV:

After that, I still can't move on. I am okay with Ruski because I don't want to treat him like anyone else. He is just like me, our fathers are hated. It's his father, not him.

"Germany? GERMANY!" someone shouted, "W-what?" I said as I snapped back to the world. I realized that I was staring at a wall for a few minutes already, "S-sorry," I signed and kept walking.

After work, I went to the graveyard to visit my family. I would still care for Vather, Great Grandpa Prussia and Grandfather of course, but never cared honestly. The one I wanted to see was East's gravestone, my dear brother.

I have bought some flowers earlier for the 4 of them. They've always loved cornflowers, their Prussian Blue shade, and their grape-like smell. I went up to their gravestones and knelt to place each bouquet carefully. I looked at them with a sad smile on my face. I then looked at East's gravestone. "How are you doing?" I asked, there was no answer but I think East was listening and he was ok, "I miss you," I whispered as I started to cry.

I usually come here when I have problems, I can't help the people I care about. I couldn't even protect him. I'm useless, aren't I? I have nobody. "I'm trying," I sobbed as I tried to stop myself from crying. I'm trying to protect people around me...but I scare people. All I can do is say "sorry".

I went home with guilt lurking in my heart. It's 5:00 but it's already dark, winter has come. It's the end of November and snow is starting to fall. I sighed and proceeded to my house, it's heater season. It was getting chilly and coincidentally, I heard Poland behind me. He was scolding himself for some reason.

A cool wind then blew, I crossed my arms and shivered in the cold. I haven't brought a jacket or anything because I didn't expect the weather to be this cold. The wind blew fiercely, and then I felt a jacket on me. The Polish walked by with a light blush, my face heated up as I looked at him. "A-aren't you cold?" I asked him, "No," he answered and started to walk faster. It's really cute to see him blush like that.

I walked home and I don't know why, but I started to think of Poland often. Augh!!! Why oh why is my head so gay? Never mind, I'll just go home.

  At my house, I put the jacket in my bag to give back to Poland tomorrow. I lay on my bed, I don't feel like eating dinner right now. I scrolled down my phone and started texting my oldest friend, Ruski.

BerlinGermany: Guten Abend, Russe (good evening, Ruski)
ЯцssкîëВоį: Доброе вечер, Германия (good evening, Germany)
                      Как дела? (How are you?)
BerlinGermany: I'm fine
ЯцssкîëВоį: CALL!

BerlinGermany: Guten Abend, Russe (good evening, Ruski)ЯцssкîëВоį: Доброе вечер, Германия (good evening, Germany)                      Как дела? (How are you?)BerlinGermany: I'm fineЯцssкîëВоį: CALL!

Ruski: Привет!!!
Germany: Hallo
Ruski: You seem so sad, anything wrong?
Germany: No, I'm fine just tired
Ruski: is it about Poland~?
Germany: ...
Ruski: H-hello? HELLO
Germany: Yes-
Ruski: Your in LOVEEEEEE
Germany: Maybe, maybe not
Ruski: You are~
Germany: Nein
Ruski: You can't deny it~
Germany: sighs may be I am
Ruski: Knew it!
Germany: If you are a good friend then help me out here
Ruski: He hates you try to earn his trust
Germany: You don't get it...it's just some bad blood from my Vather and Grandpa
Ruski: Ohhhhh, I see
Germany: Yea, bad blood
Ruski: Well make him realize that you are a completely different person from you Папа (dad)
Germany: But how?
Ruski: I don't know cuz people are difficult
Germany: Well thanks for the talk, see ya

*hangs up*

I put down the phone and went to sleep, maybe I do like him but I don't think I can. A confession is risky, what if he yells at me? Welp, it's worth a shot.

{text like this means you are reading a dream/someone's mind/memory}

Germany POV:

"Hello, West," a voice said softly, "I told you we'll meet again,".
I turned and saw East standing in front of my bed, he was standing in a uniform with a Nazi and USSR flag badge.
I jumped out of my bed and ran to hug him tightly, he hugged me back as tight as well.
After we released from the hug we talked a bit.
"Do you need help?" He asked.
I looked at him and told him about Polen, "I see," he replied after I finished.
"Show him you are not like Vather," he said.
I looked at him, "How?".
"I don't know," he replied with a shrug, "Maybe you'll be with him someday,"
My face lit up in hope, "Thanks, East,", "No prob, West," he smiled and we hugged before...