Up In the Clouds

3rd pov:

Both Germany and Poland woke up at the same time due to the dream. "I c-can't,"they stuttered in their own beds, "It's not like you like him, just be a friend, don't push him away too much," both of them said as they did their morning routine and headed out to work.
(by now, Poland's wing was healed)

Coincidentally, they met at the café, "Um...Polen, didn't expect you to be here," the German said awkwardly, "You...too?" Poland responded without eye contact with him, after that there was a minute of gawky muteness, until that was broken by...

  "Poland! Germany! Come in! It's been a WEEK," Norway said with a welcoming smile as he shoved the two countryhumans inside the facility. "Norwegen, why are you doing this?" Germany asked, "We'll talk about it at the table," the Norwgian gossiped to them.

The three Europeans sat down at the table, "So what's the matter?" Poland asked, "Our café isn't looking too hot presently, so I need some help," Norway clarified, "What happened a few days ago?" Germany asked, "Some costumer sabotaged our shop, we couldn't see the person's face," he answered, "but we got a suspect," he declared, "Who?" Poland asked, "Perhaps Albania's bar," the Norway proclaimed, "Why?" Germany further questioned. "Their shop wasn't looking too profitable the past few weeks," he responded, "And now they're poppin'!", "We'll continue investigation tomorrow, because work is waiting!" Germany said, "Sure, see ya," Norway replied.

The pair continued to go to work, "HOLY COW! 5 minutes left! We gotta hurry up, Polen," the German said as he ran swiftly. Poland, who stayed behind spreaded his wings and got a head start run.

Soon he was flying shallowly from the ground, "Heads up, Germs!" he yelled and picked Germany off the footing, "Whoah! OH MAH GAWD! AAAAA!" he screeched as they flew.

The German couldn't stay still since he was panicking, "Stay still! I can't fly properly," Poland said as he giggled. They promptly glided through the air.

In no time, they were at the entrance, "We're here!" Poland cried as they came in, "Just. On. Time." Austria said as she smiled at the duo.

As Poland went ahead, Austria dragged Germany to a private chat. "Was!? (What!?)" the German muttered, "Ich kann Ihnen garantieren, dass Sie beide ein Paar werden, (I can guarantee that the both of you will become a couple)" Austria beamed as he gave the German a pat on the shoulder, "My little brother, all grown up.".

The German rolled his eyes as he followed the Polish child to the office.

{Timeskip after work}

  Afterwards after work, Germany asked a question to Poalnd, "What does it feel like to be up there in the clouds?", "Well..." he said, "Do you want to try?" he asked with a smug smile, "Oh no not agaaiiiiiiiii-" he shouted as Poland draged him up, past the clouds.

  "It's so beautiful," he gasped as the sunset horizon filled his eyes, "I know," Poland replied, "Like you," Germany said aimlessly, Poland fell speechless as the nightmare rewinded in his head once again, "We should go back to the earth now," he said with a feint, sad chuckle and a feeling of a needle going through his heart.

The Polish and the German steered back to the ground after the experience that felt like a tale, Poland held his head low and wore his hoodie as he walked away with a melancholy ambiance surrounding him. Germany asked hesitantly, "So goodbye?" Poland didn't reply, and he whisked away with his eyes watering.