02

(The beginning. 5,000 B.C Mesopotamia.)

It seemed that as soon as Soro awoke and donned his armour within the dark halls of the Domo, that he was different from the others. His suit was a marvellous thing. Familiar and new at the same time. Deep red leather, matching that of Makkari's but while hers was accented with black, his was accented with purple more plum than the indigo flush of Kingo's. His suit curved across his body lines and loose material hung down to his knees with slits separating the skirt on each outer line of his thigh. The fabric shifted as he walked around the room and took in his new companions. It was strange. He knew them but he didn't know them. It felt like there were memories in his head but they were thin like glass and when he tried to touch them, they shattered.

"So what's your shindig?" A male accented voice greeted. Soro had been sat were they had first woken up but with his back to the statue of Arisham and the open doorway. His hair was long, long enough that he had been wishing for a tie to keep it back. The newcomer arose him from his thoughts and he looked up to see a man dressed in black. His dark hair brushed over his forehead and blue eyes met brown through the gloom. "Man I'm starved", he added as he sauntered around to Soro's other side.

"Shindig?" Soro tried, the word clumsy on his tongue. His accent was different and he did not know why. He did not know a lot of things. But the main thing he was concerned with right now was that this man was blurry. He couldn't focus on his features and that was strange.

"You know", the other man curled himself cross legged at Soro's side. "Power. Ikaris has his whole flying and shooting lasers from his eyebrows thing. Makkari is super fast. I can control the minds of sentients. What do you do?"

"Who are you?" Soro raised an eyebrow.

"You can call me Druig", the man, Druig smiled. Or at least Soro thinks he was smiling. He glanced at him, then narrowed his eyes as the doorway. A woman was entering the room. Her brown skin and hair only a few tones different. He could pick out the detailing of gold on her blue armour and the calm expression on her face.

"Druig", the woman called. "Soro. We are almost there".

"Why do you know my name?" Soro frowned.

The woman stopped and exchanged surprised glances with Druig. She stepped closer slowly, something motherly in her face and worried. "Soro", she spoke gently as she reached his side. As soon as she got a few steps away she faded out slightly, only growing more blurry as she got closer. "What do you remember?"

"Remember?" Soro's voice was small as he repeated the question. He tried to wrack his brain and it came back fuzzy and fragmented. "I don't know. This ship is familiar. My armour is familiar. I am missing something, I think".

"Do you remember our home?" Druig asked. "Our planet? Olympia?" Soro shrugged. He felt slightly broken and he didn't know why.

"We are here on a mission", the woman explained slowly, gently. Soro felt like she was talking to a scared child. He wasn't scared, he was just confused and he wasn't a child. "My name is Ajak and I am your leader. My job is to lead you and nine others to fight the creatures called Deviants and protect the people of this planet".

"Okay", Soro stated as he got to his feet. He knew what he needed to do now and the lack of memories didn't bother him very much. He didn't need them to do his job. "I guess we have a job to do then". He moved to leave the room but stumbled a little as he misplaced his feet. "I'm fine!" He held out a hand to stop Druig reaching for him. "I'm good! Let's go and kill some deviants".

"Soro!" Ajak called after him. He paused in the doorway. "Do you remember your abilities?"

"Yes", He turned and flashed her a grin. "Those I definitely do remember".

As the Domo drifted down to towards the cliff where a village of humans lived, Soro proved his point by stepping out of the doorway and allowing himself to free fall (actually he had completely misjudged where Phastos had placed his mechanisms that would have carried him down safely, but he made it look intentional). As he fell, he created a web of gold threads between his fingers and flicked them back up to the ship above. They watched on and the springiness to them allowed him to slow his fall so his feet landed lightly on the ground. He pushed his long hair out of his face and shook the threads free from his hands. They faded into nothingness as soon as he let them go.

A deviant was lunging for a some of the humans hiding near the tents. Soro flicked out his hands and the threads latched around the creature's serpentine body. It roared, struggling against the net it was now caught in. Soro huffed and braced his feet against the earth as it struggled. "Any help?" He called. A couple of hundred yards away, a woman with super speed was sending a Deviant sprawling with a shock wave. Soro guessed that she must be the Makkari Druig mentioned. A man in purple finished the thing off with several shots of energy.

"I got you!" A large man, physically older than Soro, shouted as he jogged over. Soro watched the green and bronze armoured man physically pummel the tied up deviant into the earth, not stoping until the ground had cracked and the skull of the creature was misshapen. Soro shook out his threads and rolled his shoulders.

"Thanks", he greeted. "The name is Soro".

"Gilgamesh", the large man grinned. He patted him hard enough on the back to almost knock him over.

"Nice to meet you". Soro had no idea what the man's face looked like. He was too close for him to see. But that wasn't an urgent issue. He could deal with that once he met the others, got an idea what they were supposed to be doing after killing Deviants and figured out why things close to him were so blurry. It was a simple checklist and he could manage that.

He could just about make out one of the people from the Domo (A woman in green he had no idea who she was or what she did) handed a young boy a blue and gold knife. It felt like an important moment but Soro was busy staring at Druig. In the sunlight and at a safe distance away, he could finally make out the other man's face. He was handsome.

unedited

Love Soro. He's just vibing. Not many brain cells yet but he learns.