15

The sun had reached the afternoon hour where it began to tinge more golden as it worked itself up to descend for evening. It shone through the half draw curtains, sending beams across the end of the bed and their bare feet. Soro lay on his back in the tangle of blankets and pillows in nothing but his boxers. His hair spread across the pillow and his glasses resting on the bedside table. He was warm and drowsy in the way one got when they were pleasantly relaxed and content rather than sleepy. Golden threads tangled in his hands as he wove them around his fingers as he often did when calm. 

Druig was lying on his side next to him, body curled around him and just as bare. One leg thrown over his and one arm crossing over to play with the dark strands at the base of Soro's neck. They were long enough for the other to curl around his fingers in a similar way to how Soro was messing with his threads. "How are the others?" He voiced curiously. 

"More or less the same. Sersi and Ikaris broke up", Soro murmured. 

"No. Really?" Druig's tone was unmistakably excited. "How long ago?" 

"About three hundred years give or take. Ikaris apparently left for no reason. She hadn't seen him at all until the deviant attack in London. They're a bit awkward around each other now. Especially since Sersi is now dating a human guy". 

"Really? I bet Ikaris is moving that". Soro smiled fondly at Druig's obvious joy at Ikaris' discomfort. The mind controller always did love irritating and messing with their flyboy second in command. 

"What makes it even better is that Sersi was chosen by Ajak to lead us", Soro added. Druig laughed and the sound was warm and bright. He had missed it. 

"I bet that really pissed him off". 

"It definitely annoyed him", Soro chuckled. "Other than that, Gil and Thena are the same. Kingo has made himself a Bollywood movie star since the Thirties. So he hasn't changed much. Sprite is still as sullen and sarcastic as ever. I haven't seen Makkari since the forties but I know she is still stealing relics. Out of all of us, the one who changed the most is Phastos". 

"Phastos?" 

"Yeah. He went into a slump after the first nuclear bomb was set off. The destruction of it horrified him. You know he never liked fighting despite his eagerness to aid humanity's technological advancement. He went through a period of hating humans but that changed within the last seventeen years. He's married now, to a man named Ben. They have an adopted son now. He's called Jack and he's ten. I visit every few years". 

"He got himself another family?" Druig's tone was thoughtful. "He was always more a lover than a fighter. I'm proud of him". Soro knew that his husband would never actually say that to Phastos' face without some teasing tone or flippant comment. But it was true. 

"Yeah me too".  Soro shook out the tangled threads and let them fade. He rolled onto his side, being careful of his glasses, to stare at his husband's face. "What are you thinking?"

"That a lot happened while I have been here. I don't regret it protecting these people but I should have visited the others". 

"You would have dropped by to annoy them, eat their food and leave", Soro teased. "I know you". 

Druig's lips quirked. "And you're telling me that was not what you did?" 

"I was less annoying about it than you would have been", Soro countered. 

"Liar", Druig murmured as he leaned in to rub their noses together. "You're a menace. I bet you've been telling our nephew all sorts of embarrassing stories just to mess with Phastos". 

"Of course", Soro mock frowned. "Did you expect anything less?"

Druig laughed again and rolled over to cage Soro in his arms, pinning him down in his bodyweight. The blanket was tangled around their hips now but neither cared. They had spent five hundred years without touching and it was very important that they had as much contact as they could get. "I have missed you", Druig repeated for what was probably the hundredth time in the last few hours. This time it was an excited cackle. "Darling. Darling. Tell me". Blue eyes watched him expectantly. Druig couldn't seem to get enough of the word. It remind him of their wedding night where they were drunk on romance and high on love. 

Soro was smiling. "What?"

"Everything. You brought me food. Where did you get them from? Where did you go? What have you been doing?" Druig's excitement dulled down into a soft simmer. He leaned down to press their foreheads together. "I want to know everything about you again. I want to listen to the old again and learn the knew". 

Soro felt breathless. He had forgotten how strong their love had burned together. It felt safe and thrilling at the same time. Wrapping him in blankets and sweeping him off his feet. "My dear husband", he cooed, opening his eyes again to cradle the other's face in his hands. Fingers brushing the dark fringe out of his eyes as he smiled. "We have the rest of our lives to do that". 

"Excuse me for being eager", Druig smiled and Soro felt it move under his touch. 

"The others would never believe you could be so sweet". Soro bopped his husband on the nose and giggled. 

Druig huffed, capturing the hand in one of his and biting the offending finger playfully. "They would never believe  you if you told them". 

"Is that a threat?" Soro raised his eyebrows. 

"Would I threaten my darling husband who has so lovingly returned to my life and so graciously  forgiven me of my sins?" Druig's smirk was answer enough on it's own. 

"Oohhh I see how it is", Soro huffed through his grin. His cheeks hurt but he couldn't stop smiling. "Very rude of you Dear". 

"It comes naturally Darling".

Soro poked Druig in the soft skin of the man's lover stomach, just above the waistband of his boxers. It was a familiar spot where he knew the other to be ticklish. Just as expected, Druig flinched away and sat up with a soft noise that eh would deny was a giggle. Soro followed him, hands resting on the bare thighs now straddling him. "You wouldn't be rude to your gracious husband", he teased. "But I guess since I'm in a forgiving mood". 

"How fortunate", Druig breathed as he leaned back in and caught Soro's lips in another kiss. One of many they had shared that day. By this point, their lips were pink but neither cared. They could deal with stuff later. This time and this moment was for them. 

unedited 

Just 1k of pure fluff and cuteness for you, cause they needed it.