21

Soro awoke with screams that vibrated in Druig's ears. He had never heard his husband scream like this, in such pain and fear. Soro was thrashing on the bed, body shaking with terror as his limbs jerked. Familiar gold shone on his forehead and Druig's heart sunk. The gold was too similar to Thena's whenever she got Mhad Wr'ry. Choking back his anxiety and fear for his lover, Druig carefully laid himself out on the bed next to his husband and wrapped him up in his arms. It took a bit of effort to restrain him, Soro was far more combat trained than Druig was, but he would hurt himself if he continued to thrash like this. Druig just gripped on tight and continued to murmur  memories into his ear as he had been doing for the past three hours. Stories from their last seven thousand years spilling from his lips in a hope that Soro would remember them when he awoke again. 

When he did wake for the second time, thrashing so much that he had tired himself out, it was slowly. First it was twitching fingers, then the slow change of his breath. Druig prepared himself for another violent nightmare when Soro's eyes fluttered open and he was staring into familiar black. "Soro?" It was hesitant, voice soft and hushed. "My sweet Soro?" 

Soro licked his lips, body still lax in Druig's hold. "Is this another nightmare?" He whispered, voice horse and fragile. Tear were welling in his eyes. "Don't leave me. Everybody left me", his voice cracked and he was weeping. Druig didn't know what he was talking about, but he hated to see his lover in pain. He tucked him in close, hold going from restricting to comforting. 

"Shhh I've got you. My darling, beautiful Soro. My lovely Soro. My husband, beloved Soro". He swore endearments into tangled strands of long dark hair. "I have you. You're safe. I am not letting you go. My Soro". Something in that made Soro finally relax in his arms. They lay there for a few moments. Druig repeating every endearment he had ever called his husband quietly into his hair as Soro breathed. 

When Soro pulled away, it was with red rimmed eyes and hand still clutching the fabric of Druig's shirt like a child with their comfort blanket. He knew he was awake now, dream Druig had not called him by so many names. Here, with the real in front of him, he could see the difference. Blue eyes were so warm and concerned. "Was I screaming in my sleep?" 

"You were. You screamed for Gilgamesh, for me. There was also someone called Eros". Druig was watching him. Soro's head hurt. 

"I think he was someone I knew before. Before earth, before I was placed here. Ajak said that I had come from a different team once. I think my memories of them are coming back". The words were small, uncertain and confused. He felt young and terrified. There was a whole other life in his head and it hurt. A life with people he had never seen before. 

"Is it Mhad Wr'ry?" 

"Have I tried to attack you yet?" Soro let himself smiled weakly, tone turning teasing. "I could, if you want". It was a weak joke but it seemed to do the trick. He did not think that he had Mahd Wr'ry. 

Druig smiled more in relief than in humour. "Only if it is sexy". That made Soro laugh and he basked in the sound. 

As quickly as the laugh burst out of him, it cut off. Soro paused, eyes taking in the room around him. It was not the cabin, nor something he was familiar with. The two of them were pressed up tangled in a single bed in a tiny cabin like room. It was decorated in creams and warm browns and the small round window showed the sky. Blue and wide. "What happened? The deviant got me. What happened afterwards?" He paused. "Where are we?"

Druig's smile fell and he inhaled as he prepared himself to deliver the news. His arms tightening slightly as the news of Gilgamesh's death sunk in. Like the rest of them, Soro did not cry. Only Thena had sobbed. Instead he paled and clutched at Druig like he was afraid of loosing him too. Deep grief in his eyes as he shook like a leaf. After a minute, he collected himself. "I missed the funeral". 

"We burned him on the bank of the amazon river", Druig murmured as he gently stroked his fingers through Soro's hair. "Thena scattered his ashes. I carried you. You wouldn't wake and we have a deadline. I hoped that if you didn't wake on the flight then Phastos should be able to help. My beloved Soro. You terrified me". 

Soro didn't reply. Instead he just reached out and pressed his lips gently to a pressure point on the blue eyed man's neck. "He died to save me". The words were more whispers. light, soft and yet honestly true. Druig knew that he couldn't argue it, there was no point. It would not make things better. 

"I miss him too. But I don't know what I would have done if you had died. Left this world to the celestials maybe". 

Soro hummed and clung tighter, head buried into Druig's chest as the blue eyed man littered his forehead in kisses. "How are the others?" 

"In shock. Sad. Mourning. Thena is resistant. We are flying to America to find Phastos". 

"How long do we have until we land?" Soro asked. His fingers busy tracing lines on Druig's collar bones. The blue eyes man had changed into a black tshirt and slim fitting jeans. A pair of big leather boots were on the floor by the bed and a leather jacket hung on the door. 

"About two more hours yet", came the reply as he shifted to glance at his watch. Druig didn't own a phone. 

Soro moved back, careful not to fall off the bed. The cabin room on Kingo's plane was small, probably a spare. He hadn't realised that the plane was this big. "Did you change my clothes?" He frowned at his husband. His previous set was gone, instead he was in a pair of sports leggings and a big necked white tshirt. It was very comfortable. 

"Your set were covered in mud", Druig smiled. "It's not like I haven't seen it all before".  Soro flushed and laughed, grief moving aside for a brief spark of warmth. He would always mourn Gilgamesh, his older brother and his family. But Gil would never want him to miss out on life because of it. 

"You just wanted to see me", he teased, smiling. 

"Of course", Durig played along, tone found enough to hurt in a warm way. "You're beautiful. I always want to see you, clothes or not". 

"Flirt". 

"Only for you". Druig pressed a hand to his cheek and bent down to give him a slow deep kiss. "Don't scare me like that", he ordered. 

"No promises", Soro muttered. They both knew that they could never promise that. "But I can try. Love you my charming husband". 

"Love you forever my darling Soro". 

unedited 

want some fluff after the last chapters? here you go. 

also Jeff Satur is so freaking pretty.