08

If Soro had a minute to sob silently in the shower over the loss of his mother figure, than that was for him to know and for no one else to find out. When he returned to the main cabin now dressed in one of the four outfits he owned, which was a black tshirt over faded blue denim jeans he had gotten back in the eighties and layered with a large shadow warrior sweatshirt he had borrowed from Kingo. The others were seated silently in their isolated areas. Icarus was trying to talk to Sersi (which made Soro want to avoid that mess) while Sprite was curled up on the sofa at the back of the cabin watching something on her phone. Kingo and his valet, Karun was seated in the chairs by one of the tables.

"Soro!" Kingo called as he spotted him. The movie star waving him over. "Come join us. You look good in my merch. You should totally do some advertisement for me at some point. You do have the face of a model". Soro laughed as he slipped into the seat opposite them. He adjusted the plum purple hoodie emblazoned with the movie title self consciously.

"I'm starved. You got anything to eat?"

"I'm sure we have some ready meals stocked. Karun can grab you one", Kingo waved as his Valet stood up. "How are you? I haven't seen you in ninety years! I just checked your insta and I'm so proud. My brother is a travel blogger! I am so glad you're not slumming it in cheap hotels again. Remember that time you told me about the cockroaches". He shuddered.

"Kingo, we're over five thousand years old", Soro pointed out. "We've experienced worse than cockroaches".

"But that doesn't mean we have to experience them".

"Would you like chicken or lamb sir?" Karun called from the bar.

"Chicken, thank you", Soro smiled.

"Anyway, moving one", Kingo waved his hands. "How are you feeling about getting the band back together? I know you took it really hard. It was messy when Druig left. I know you two always bickered. Have you seen him at all?" His brown eyes were concerned and his tone quiet. The conversation only for the two of them.

Soro inhaled and sighed. He and Druig had always bickered. He would have thought that the rest of them would have caught on by now, but it seems that having a couple around like Icarus and Sersi meant that they often stole the show. When he had made the bet about who was going to find out first, he hadn't expected it to last this long. "I'll be fine", he stated, though the idea of seeing his husband again made him feel antsy, and sad. He missed him. "And Druig and I have always bickered, it's how we get along. But no, I haven't seen him". That was due to great effort on his part.

Kingo hummed at him contemplatively. "What about the others? You are the on,y one who visits everyone. When did you last see them?"

Soro drew a breath as he tried to remember dates. "I saw Phastos the most recently. About two years ago now. He's doing good, really happy". He smiled as he recalled his nephew. He doubted any of the other Eternals knew of Jack. The boy was a curious bundle of energy and such a loved child. Soro had dropped by for an unexpected visit fifteen years before and had made sure to visit for a few weeks every couple of years. He had watched Jack grow up as an uncle. It was nice.

"Before then, it was Ajax", his smile faded at the reminder of the loss. "Back in the eighties. I haven't seen Makkari since World War Two, forty six. We bumped into each other when ransacking a Nazi vault".

"Sounds like her", Kingo chuckled. Soro smiled again.

"Yeah she's still collecting. Can't help it. Before her, it was you. Until she came to collect me, I hadn't seen Sersi since the sighting eighties. We met at a cafe to discuss Jack the Ripper. Got into a fierce debate about it too if I recall", he frowned. "Haven't seen Gil and Thena since some time in the nineteen twenties? I don't stay very long. Thena finds me triggering". The memory of her golden eyes on him was still strange. It didn't scare him, it just made him sad.

"So you have really not seen Druig at all?" Kingo pressed. "It's strange that you've visited everyone but him. I get it though, he can be a bit of a dick".

Soro snorted dryly, gaze fixed on his hands rather than on the man opposite. "Not arguing with you there". Druig maybe a bit of dick but he still loved him.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Kingo straightened and waved at Karun as the man brought over Soro's food. It was a chicken curry style dish with rice served in a little plastic container. He scooped some up with his fork and hummed. It wasn't bad. He had eaten much worse in his time and though it lacked any spices he preferred, it wasn't overly bland. "Karun! Where's the camera? We need to film everything. Let's start with Soro, then I can do my intro. We'll just edit it later".

Soro looked up from his food just in time for the valet to level a large handheld film camera at his face. He raised an eyebrow at it as kept eating. "I'm doing a film on us", Kingo explained excitedly. He turned to the camera. "Let me introduce the great Soro! Say hi".

"Hi". It came out a mumble and a shrug as he moved food around his plate.

Kingo huffed. "Tell them about yourself. About your powers".

Soro chewed the rest of his food pointedly, watching the camera lens as he did so. There was a minute of drawn out silence as he swallowed and pushed the empty dish away. "My name is Soro. I am not wearing these glasses as a fashion statement. My powers are just a really deadly game of cat's cradle with magic and portals", he offered.

"Can we get an example?" Karun asked eagerly.

Soro grinned. "No".

Kingo, sensing that he was running out of Soro's welcoming mood, gestured for Karun to move. "Come on. Let's film my intro now".

Soro watched them bustle off. He sighed deeply and leaned back in his chair. Quietly, he took off his glasses and tucked them into the neck of his hoodie, then pulled the hood over his head. He could hear Kingo intoning narratively in the background as he closed his eyes. The exhaustion and mental wear from the past few days filling him as he drifted to sleep.

Unedited