19

"I can't believe that you're jealous", Soro exclaimed as the door to Druig's house closed behind them. He dumped his backpack on the sofa and smirked at his husband. "You were jealous about them talking about me being married to someone else, as if it could be anyone other than you". 

"I didn't marry you for you to be married to someone else", Druig murmured as he draped his arms over Soro's shoulder. The long haired male grinned as he pressed forwards to peck his lips, feelings about surprising revelations aside. "Which of us won the bet?" 

"Me", Druig mumbled against his lips. Soro chuckled and pressed another gentle kiss against soft skin. 

"Are you just saying that cause you want the reward?" There was mischief in that tone. 

Soro giggled, still amused by the memory of their family's faces at their reveal. "So how long have you been stewing in jealousy over this?" He prodded, unwilling to let it go. It had been hundreds of years and the others, as families tended to do, had teased each of them in turn over any humans who might of caught their eyes. The Eternals were not too prudish or removed from humanity not to permit themselves brief dalliances with humans. Sersi dating one long term was surprising but they'd all had their fare share of love affairs. Kingo had been very enchanted with a woman back in the Gupta Empire. Makkari had once strung along a young tailor for a summer. None of them were untouched, even Sprite had a childlike innocent romance once back when they were new to the planet and before her lack of ageing had weighed so heavily. There had been many times where either Soro or Druig had been flirted with or flirted with others, though that was so long ago now, before Babylon. 

"As long as I've known you", Druig admitted without a hint of shame, in fact he seem proud. "No one can have you". His possessiveness was showing. It was cute and made the spot in the shorter's chest warm with love and amusement. He recalled the way jealousy had burned in his chest when he had seen humans flirting with Druig. He was not clean of that feeling either. 

Soro grinned, leaning into the blue eyed man's touch. "Cause I am all yours?"

"Yes. All mine", it was a pleased rumble as he leaned in and rubbed their noses together. Soro gripped Druig's waist and hummed happily. The taller leaned down and pressed their foreheads together as they basked in each other's warmth. "I missed you so much".

"As you have told me". 

"And I will continue to tell you and treat you like the light of my life until you forgive me". 

Soro sighed softly, fondly. "Druig, I have already forgiven you. I forgave you as soon as you caught me". 

Druig frowned slightly, seemingly unhappy with this. "I know, but let me do this until I feel better?" 

Soro smiled gently at the request. This was why his anger had bubbled away so fast despite the hurt that had lingered for so long. Druig had always been his worst tormentor, Soro did not need to add to that. He could not stay mad at his husband anyway, he knew him too well. "I can't argue against being treated like this. I love you". 

"I love you too". Their foreheads pressed together and the taller whispered the words like a prayer. Soro felt them float through the air and settle into his skin like a warm and comforting blanket. He smiled and leaned across the last gap to connect their lips. This kiss deep and consuming but without the urgent need that had plagued them earlier. This one held no rush to make up for lost time. It was just for the simple enjoyment of it. 

Soro could have stayed in this moment forever, wrapped in his husband's arms and basking in relaxed contentment. Unfortunately, like all moments, this ended with a distant scream and the cracking of broken wood. Soro, the one with more battle experience, pushed his glasses off his nose and moved towards the door before Druig had finished turning his head towards the noise. There was another crack of broken objects outside as he yanked the door open. He heard Druig's footsteps scrabble on the wooden floorboards as he hurried for something.