12

The clatter of plates and cutlery filled the little living space of the Australian cabin. Gil had served up a proper feast and seven Eternals and one human were helping themselves to the amazing spread. There was home made hummus, a beef stew that had been cooking earlier, fresh bread, a tomato based curry, rice, along with the fruit pie Soro had saved earlier. All of which, he was enjoying. "Is this what you guys eat everyday?" Kingo asked as Soro served himself some more bread with butter to dip into his stew. "Cause this is amazing. Thank you for this".

"Oh, you're welcome", Gil waved from where he was standing by Thena's chair. The blonde seated at the head of the table with Soro on her right and Kingo on her left. Ikaris was between Soro and Sprite, facing Karun and Sersi. It was a tight fit but they made it work. "Hey Soro? You still taking parcels? Want a doggy bag to pass on?" Gil asked.

Soro swallowed. "Yes please. I'll take it once I'm done eating. Just lend me your door for a second".

Gil nodded as he set a flagon in the centre of the table. "This one is a trio of wine, beer and mead. Made for the soldier of troy".

"That is so thoughtful", Karun flushed. The human seemed rather overwhelmed with the whole Eternals thing.

Kingo had been watching Thena chew an olive. Everything she did was seemingly with intent and threat. Soro had a feeling that she was playing it up for amusement. "Should she be drinking?"

"No, hers is non-alcoholic. For kids", Gil whispered. "I gave you the same thing Sprite". Kingo and Gil began laughing. Sprite didn't look amused. "Na I'm just kidding. Yours is a special brew Odin taught me as a thank you"- Gil talked as his clothed changed into a large pink onesie and baby bonnet. The onesie reading 'Gilga-mess' across the big in large letters. The table began sniggering -"After we helped defeat Laufey's army in Tonsberg". Gil broke off as he saw what he was wearing. "Oh. I'm a big baby. Very mature". Sprite grinned and with a wave of her hand the illusion faded.

"Speaking of which", Kingo continued. "Thor used to follow me around when he was a little kid and now he's a big avenger and won't return my calls".

"I always preferred Loki", Soro smiled at the memory. "Makkari and I used to teach him so much. He was such a cute kid too. Shame he decided to try and conquer earth. Hope he feels better". He helped himself to some of the beer and was pleasantly surprised by how nice he found it. Bitter and sharp but with warm notes.

"So now that Captain Rogers and Ironman are both gone, who do you think is going to lead the Avengers?' Sprite asked.

"I met Ironman once", Soro recalled through bites of stew.

"Did you?" Kingo stared.

"Yeah. He tossed ten bucks at me in the streets of New York and gave me a list of homeless charities that aid young people". That sent the table rolling with laughter again. Soro smiled despite himself, basking in being around his family again. Though, the missing four members were obvious.

"I could lead them", Ikaris voiced. "I figure I'd be good at that".

"Yeah you would", Kingo, N1 Ikaris supporter.

Gil laid a hand on the flying man's shoulder. "Ajak didn't even choose you to lead us".

"Ooooo", Soro winced, holding back a snort.

"Ouch".

"Harsh".

"I am going to let that one slide", Ikaris allowed, humour in his tone that Soro had not heard on centuries. "Cause you've always been bitter that I can fly and you can't".

"So what you can fly. I'm better looking, everybody knows that".

"Why fly when portals are much faster?"

Sersi stood up and moved away from the table. "I'm just going to get some air", she announced as she disappeared out the door.

There was a second of silence which was broken by Kingo. "This is really good Gil", he complimented as he put down his drink. "You know, I could sell this. Put my face on it, move some units". He took another swig.

"I chew each kernel myself and ferment in my spit". Kingo promptly spat the drink back out. Soro, who had also been taking a drink from his glass, paused. Then he shrugged and continued drinking.

"Soro! Why are you still drinking that?"

"I've already drunk half of it. Besides, wine used to be made from grapes squished under people's feet. Their smelly, unwashed feet cause the hygiene back then wasn't the best. So, I'd take spit over feet grime. It's probably healthier cause of the enzymes". Kingo's face told him that he didn't agree. 

"Ah Soro", Gil spoke up as everyone began collecting their now empty plates. "Let me just grab a bag for you". 

"Thanks", Soro smiled as he watched the man disappear outside. 

"What's the doggy bag for?" Karun asked curiously as Gil returned and began loading tubberware boxes of left over food into a carry bag. 

"It's his Anniversary", Thena stated. Soro grinned at her, warmed that she and Gil remembered. (They had figured it out the last time he had visited). 

The other three Eternals stared. "You're married?" Sprite gasped. 

Soro grinned as he took the bag. "Thanks Gil". 

"Wait, wait. Why didn't you ever tell us you got married?" Kingo blocked his way to the door. 

"The same reason Phastos didn't I guess", Soro shrugged. "It's our business". 

"Phastos is married too?" Ikaris looked confused. "When did that happen?" 

"You can ask him when we see him", Soro brushed past them. He flicked golden threads from his fingers and wrapped them up around the doorframe. They shimmered in the light. "Let me just drop this off and I'll be right back". Then he was pushing open the door and closing it behind him as he left. 

"He does this every year", Gil explained as he continued to clean up plates. "He takes bags of food and leaves them as gifts. Even though they're separated, he still does it". 

"So he got married and now they're separated?" Kingo frowned. "Maybe we should take it easy on the homeless jokes if Soro was kicked out of the house". 

"It's complicated", Thena offered and that seemed to end the conversation. 

unedited