Fuck your monster- Part two

During one episode, the screen was showing the demon's sad backstory and Chan was all the more glued to the screen, sniffling as he sympathized with the tragic character. Jeongin idly watched, then a thought popped into his head. Huh. How come he never asked Chan this question?

"What were you doing before you met me?" Jeongin asked offhandedly, slurping his noodles.

Chan didn't answer for a few moments. The silence stretched a little longer, and Jeongin looked up from his food to see Chan biting his lip, scales ruffling. "Baby, I'm–you don't have to ans–"

"Before Innie," Chan began. "Channie had a master."

The bedroom was dark and cold. Children's toys and storybooks lined the shelves, but they looked untouched. A cold breeze wheezed through the lone open window, making the sheer curtain flutter. On a bed much too big for a child, a little girl lay under the covers, small hands clutching onto the hem of her blanket. Her eyes darted about; wide awake despite the late hour. Her toes wiggled and she gasped softly as she heard a rustle. The doll on the shelf fell to the floor.

Slowly, a hulking, horned shadow grew on the opposite wall and the little girl caught sight of it. Hurriedly, she burrowed beneath the covers, tucking it over her head. She tried to breathe as softly as possible, hoping–

The covers were pulled from her grasp. And then–

"Peek-a-boo!"

The little girl shrieked in laughter, wriggling as the human like boy with horns and black eyes tickled the sole of her small, socked feet. "Nooo! You cheated, Bee!" she laughed.

" Meep ! Your tiny foot was sticking out of the blankie, so I caught you, meep ! Roar!"

"No more! Bee, you're too good at this!"

At that, the monster, 'Bee', shook his taloned fists in excitement, big black eyes shining as he asked, "Bee is good?"

The little girl giggled and reached up her hand. Bee leaned down and let her pat his head. "Bee is the best at games. Saerom never wins," she whined.

"No, meep ! Saerom is always the winner! Because Saerom is a princess, meep !"

The little girl smiled and sat up on her bed, arms now reaching out for a hug. Bee chirped and engulfed the child in an embrace, nuzzling her head.

"I love you, Bee. You're my best friend." Saerom whispered into Bee's chest.

"And Bee loves Saerom! But now, princess Saerom has to sleep. Master will be home soon."

The child pouted, holding onto Bee a little tighter. "Watch over me, please?"

She looked up at the monster, puppy dog eyes in full effect. Bee grinned and cooed, "Of course, princess. Meep , Bee will protect you from the dark!"

With that, Bee tucked the little girl into bed, pulling the covers up to her neck and fiddling with the pillows. He made sure that her little feet were covered as well and softly, he let the tip of his talon brush the child's bangs. The little girl's eyes were feeling heavy at this point, and she yawned, "Good night, Bee. I love you."

The small, red light on the metal collar around Bee glinted faintly in the dark. It buzzed, signaling his Master's arrival in the compound. But Bee indulged in the moment, leaning down to nuzzle the child as he replied, "Good night. Bee loves you too."

(Hastily, Bee fled out of the room and back to his cell in the basement. Just in time, the metal doors opened and his Master stepped in, looking down at him with cold eyes behind his glasses. "CB97," he called. "You have a job to do."