15. Fudge

The door opened and my heart fell into my ass.

Captain Price and my father walked in.

Crap!

"Sir." I nodded and he glared at me.

"What are you doing in the lieutenant's office? Are you in trouble?"

CRRAAAAPPPP!

"We were just discussing her scores on drills. They're remarkable."

I glanced at Ghost and hid my surprise.

"Hmph. Well they better be. I use to be a colonel, you know."

"So I've heard. Thank you for your service."

"And thank you for yours." My father nodded and leaned heavily on his cane.

"Would you like to take a seat?" Ghost asked and my father huffed.

"I don't need a chair. I use to be a colonel. I was on my feet all the time. For days on end."

He stopped talking and looked me up and down.

"YN, why do you look like that? You look sick. Are your drills to much for you? I knew I was to soft on you!" My father snapped.

"I apologize, sir." I held my wrist behind my back as I spoke and he huffed.

"Your mother insisted on me being gentle with you. This is why I never wanted a fucking daughter. They're weak."

"I apologize, sir."

"As you should."

Price and Ghost glanced at each other.

"LN, you have to get going. You have training in five minutes." Ghost said and I nodded.

"Yes sir."

"You're dismissed."

"Thank you sir. Sir."

I nodded at my father and tried to walk out of the office.

I stumbled as my father moved his cane under foot.

"Watch it, you brat!"

"I apologize, sir."

I turned and walked away as he grumbled to himself.

Soap and Gaz were talking as everyone got into formation.

I got in next to Jay and she looked at me.

"You okay?"

"Of course."

"He wasn't to brutal on you, was he?"

"Nope."

Ghost didn't say anything, but I imagine he doesn't want anyone knowing he was nice to me.

I should keep it a secret.

"I thought for sure you were done for. Like, you throw up on him and cuss him out and he calls you into his office?"

"I know, I was worried. He was gonna give me a punishment but he was cut off when Price came in. Hey, you didn't tell me I fell into a trash can."

She turned red. 

"I was trying to save your pride."

"Today we'll be doing hand to hand combat." Gaz spoke up and I gulped.

Who could I be going against?

Movement caught my eye and I peeked over to see Price, Ghost and my father making their way over.

Crap.

"Private LN, you're up against Private Smith, Jones, Williams and Johnson."

Excuse me?

Ex-fucking-cuse me?

Ghost definitely wrote the team ups.

Four big guys walked to the ring and I took a deep breath before walking over myself.

I got this. I have four brothers.

I'll just pretend this is another wrestling match.

I stepped in and the men smirked at me, snickering and laughing to themselves.

"It's everyone against LN. Don't go easy on her just because she's a lady." Soap nodded and I glanced at my father.

He had one eye shut and he was watching me.

"And start!"