12 Bar talks

(Hey children. So I made an Instagram and changed my TikTok into a Cod TikTok. If y'all are feeling nice, go ahead and follow them. Idk what I'll post, probably spoilers on insta and I have an idea or two for TikTok. They're both supreme_bun_overlord
If y'all give me...50 followers (ima making difficult 😈) on each I'll feed you twice on both books. Okay bye)

YN's pov

After dinner, we got dressed and headed out with all the other soldiers.

I got nervous as we entered a bar and Jay ran ahead of everyone to get us some seats at the bar.

I sat next to her and looked around.

"What can I get you two ladies tonight?" The bartender asked.

"It's my best friend's first time drinking. Make it special please!" Jay bird giggled.

"Alright. Fruity?"

"How's you know?" I asked in awe.

"Babes, he's talking about the drink, not you."

"Oh..."

The bartender laughed and walked away to make us some drinks.

Eventually we got our drinks and Jay was talking about her family back home.

She seemed to grow up in a loving environment with accepting parents.

She told me about her girlfriend and how she hoped to make enough money to buy her a really nice engagement ring.

She's 22 so I don't understand why she wants to get married so soon but we are military.

I hope they work out in the long run.

"Oh look. Our commanding officers are here too! And guess who's staring."

I looked over and saw Ghost looking at me but he looked away when we made eye contact.

I turned around and had a few more drinks.

"Hey, they're calling us over!" I looked over and saw Soap waving at us.

"Oh... what could they want?" I asked and Jay jumped to her feet.

"I'll go see if they need something, be right back!" She finished her drink and walked over to the four men. After talking for a few minutes, Jay waved me over.

I stumbled off the stool and walked over, trying to act as sober as possible but everything was spinning a bit.

"Hey..." I nodded and wanted to punch myself.

That's not how you greet someone of their rank!

Soap grinned and Ghost glanced at me before looking away and sipping his drink.

"Have a seat, ladies." Soap said and Jay sat next to him, leaving me to sit next to Ghost.

Jay was definitely an extrovert, she had no problem talking to Price, Gaz and Soap.

Ghost stayed quiet and I nervously sipped on my drink.

Whiskey.

It burns.

I don't think I was made for alcohol but I can't stop.

"So, YN." Soap chirped.

I looked up from my cup.

"LT tells me your father was a colonel."

"Yeah... he was."

"Why did he retire?"

"He got shot in the knee. He needs a cane to walk now."

Soap nodded.

"Does the military feel like a second home to you?" Price asked and I suddenly felt like I was under a telescope.

Gaz and Soap smiled at me but I had a feeling they were studying me.

"Yes sir."

Soap and Gaz glanced at each other before simultaneously looking away and sipping from their cups.

I went back to drinking until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Jay looked at me with a worried look on her face.

"Hey, I was just joking about getting shit faced drunk. You don't have to keep drinking."

"... Huh?"

"I think you've had enough, Private."

I looked up at Ghost and frowned.

"Or what? You'll breast feed me?"

Alcohol shot out of Soap's nose and Gaz choked.

"YN!" Jay hissed and snatched away my drink.

"Hey... give it back!"

She downed the drink and shook her head.

"No. Only bread and water for you."

"Bread... I like bread...."