𝐢. party boy

BELLY CONKLIN loved cousins just as much as Teddy

BELLY CONKLIN loved cousins just as much as Teddy. That's why they were always so close. They would stay up day, by day during the year thinking about every little memory and every little detail about every summer. It was their thing, cousins beach.

They often dreamed that when they were older the crew would still be together. Their little ones running the beach along side them. They desired it, even.

"Hey, Belly." Teddy smiled, poking her head slightly. Belly chuckled at the girl, shaking her head. "Come in you little weirdo."

"You ready for the party tonight?" Teddy questioned, her damp hair falling on her shoulder once her body hit the neat bed of Belly's, "I dunno." She shrugged.

"Oh, come on, bells. Your my party girl, remember, you have to come?" She giggled, the memory tracing her mind. "Yeah, yeah. I remember." Teddy raised her eyebrows before making her giggle.

It was the summer of 9th grade. Belly and Teddy were making their traditional ice cream run that they did. It was a common occurrence of theirs. Every Friday of the summer they would go get icecream, without the boys, of course.

They were giggling about stupid little things the whole time, their smiles scrunching their faces as they bickered. That day, the ice cream shop was particularly more packed then usual. More specifically, teenage boys.

Even though they didn't care about the boy's presence, the lingering stare from across from them was getting quite annoying. She didn't even think about it, waving to a boy she recognized as Lucas Blythe.

He didn't even wait, walking over to them in with no hesitation. "Hey, I saw you guys walk in, I'm Lucas." Isabel gave him a soft smile whilst Teddy shook his hand, "Hi, I'm Teddy, this is Belly." She gave him a short wave which he returned.

"Well, I'm just gonna be straightforward, you guys wanna come to me and my friends party tonight?" Teddy looked at Belly in shock, who was giving the same expression, "It's not a house party or anything, it's by the beach. You can find us by the bay-walk tonight at 8PM?" He looked at the girls with pleading eyes, holding his hands together.

Teddy shook her head, "We will have to check in will our family back at home. But if not we will see you there, Lucas." He nodded, a smile slowly growing on his face. "Cool, see you guys there." He smiled, walking back to the table with his friends.

Teddy immediately turned her head, with her jaw dropped, handled with a wide smile. Belly was just as happy, fighting the urge to jump up and down. "Are we like gonna be party girls after this?"

The girls giggled as they reminisced about the memory. "Hey, maybe you will see him again tonight." Belly poked her shoulder playfully, "He probably doesn't even remember me. Us even."

Belly scoffed, "Did you see how he looked at you that whole night? You don't look at somebody like that then not remember them." Teddy shrugged, "He's a player, anyway. He's friends with Conrad."