𝐯𝐢𝐢. deny, deny, deny

TEDDY PACED outside of the summer house, keys in her hand and thoughts racing through her mind

TEDDY PACED outside of the summer house, keys in her hand and thoughts racing through her mind. She was on her way to Lucas' house before she stopped herself. She couldn't be with him anymore. She needed to end it for good.

Her mind went to Kai. Why did she hate him so much? It was like she hated his face. She hated everything about him. But, as soon as she saw him every bone in her body felt as if she was about to explode.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a door opening. She sheepishly smiled at Jeremiah before seeing him roll his eyes.

When Jeremiah opened the door and saw her smile— the smile he recognized as home, he felt at ease, the nerves in his body finally calming. He imagined himself running into her arms, holding her and kissing her at the sight but, he could only pretend.

"Didn't know you were back here," he mumbled going to sit down on the pool side, laying his body down. Teddy locked eyes with him, trying to peace what was wrong with him. "Are you sure your okay? You've been kinda acting weird lately."

Jeremiah looked up at her words, fighting back everything he has wanted to tell her in the past three days. How he realized that he has only ever wanted to be with her, that he loves her. But, he couldn't. He wouldn't.

"I'm good," Jeremiah gave her a tight lipped grin, looking down at the keys in her hand, "Where you headed?"

"Lucas's," she saw how his demeanor changed, shaking her head, "I'm ending it off with him, I mean."

Jeremiah's face softened, "What happened?"

"Nothing. Just should've listened to you." Teddy shrugged, trying to lighten the mood which only seemed to aggravate him more. "Yeah, you should've."

She tilted her head, sucking the inside of her mouth as she could no longer stay quiet, "Okay, stop. What's your deal? Tell me," she tried so hard to demand him but, it was almost like she was pleading for his answer.

"Nothing!" Jeremiah closed his eyes at his harsh tone, shaking his head, "It's nothing. Just go."

Teddy opened her mouth to speak but, nothing came out. She didn't know what to do but walk away. She didn't know what she had done. Why he was feeling so angry at her.

Jeremiah didn't know either. But all he knows is that he loved her. And he wanted her to feel the same or at least in the way he does.

All he knew was that he wanted her. He wanted her touch, her laughs, her smile; Teddy was all he had ever wanted and he didn't even see it. She had been infront of him all of this time.

Teddy knocked on the door, her palms sweaty as she wiped it off on her jumper, putting a smile on her face once she head the door unlock. "Hey, gorgeous." Lucas immediately bit his lip, lifting her chin to kiss her.

She barely kissed back, awkwardly pulling away as he let her in. She didn't say anything to him until he spoke halfway up the stairs, "I haven't seen you since the fourth. How you holding up?"