𝐢𝐯. pink candles

SHE MEMORIZED THE PINK CANDLES, the silly pancake tradition that they did every year and most of all the happiness they felt to be able to celebrate Belly Conklin

      SHE MEMORIZED THE PINK CANDLES, the silly pancake tradition that they did every year and most of all the happiness they felt to be able to celebrate Belly Conklin. It was her birthday.

And despite everything that happened the night before, Teddy tried to think of only her as she packed the birthday present at the table.

Jeremiah's eyes traveled to her as his mother walked over to her, "What'd you get her?" The sound of her voice was comforting making her wide smile form and she looked up at her, "You do this every year. You have to wait."

"Oh, come on! Your gifts are always the best." Susannah said, "Don't gas me up." Teddy teased, walking over to the island as she took a bite of the bacon, "Get out the kitchen, Teddy." Trey scolded, flicking her forehead, "Ow!" She hissed, smacked his arm.

"Belly!" Teddy cheered, along with everyone else. Susannah got the first hug, smiling so proudly at her, "There's the birthday girl, looking like a vision in floral."

Teddy smiled at Belly, walking over to her, "Happy birthday, B." The familiar nickname made her heart warm, squeezing the girl in a hug.

"Somebody's getting old finally, happy birthday." Steven teased, "Happy birthday, sweetheart." Laurel smiled, walking over to her daughter taking her in a warm hug.

"Happy birthday, kiddo." Sam smiled, an arm slung over Jeremiah. "Thanks, everyone."

"Shall we open presents?" Teddy looked at Conrad who was obviously upset. He was never like this on Belly's birthday. He was always happy and so kind but, he was different this summer, she thought.

Teddy sat next to Conrad, looking at him with nothing but worry whilst everyone came and sat down. "Con? You okay?" She spoke up, making him look up at her. "I'm good. You okay?" Teddy nodded.

Conrad always cared for Teddy as his sister since he was never given the chance to have one. They weren't that close anymore, but he still had love for the twins. But, mainly Teddy. She was the glue to the kids; Steven, Conrad, Trey and Belly. She kept them together.

Teddy already had a brother, but she felt as if everytime she came to the summer house, she had one extra. So, as he thought he told a good lie, she knew he wasn't okay.

"It's a first addition," the words snapped Teddy out of her worries, looking up at Belly. "Thanks, mom." She was obviously disappointed until Laurel spoke once more, "Turn to the bookmark page."

The pages flipped and Belly's frown quickly turned into a smirk, "Oh, yeah. I remember Susannah teaching us to recital this."

"For whatever we lose," she begun, "Like a you or a me, it's always ourselves we find in the sea." They all quoted, remembering the memory. "Thank you, I love it."

"Okay, open mine now, Belly." Susannah declared. She took the gift, eagerly opening it. She paused, "Ow, wow. They're gorgeous. Thank you, Susannah." Belly beamed, the women walking over to take a seat by her, "My mom gave me these pearls for my sweet 16." She came back over and took a seat.